Friday, June 20, 2008

Just the 3 of Us.

The childcare was closed for the Teachers training curriculum, so I took my childcare leave to look after Anthea and Anders.

I applied for the company Zoo Card and Science Centre card but was not Lucky, so the trip to Zoo/Science Centre did not materialised.

During the week, thought of different venues to bring them but in the end, I told myself: Let's see how the day goes.

In the morning, as the weather was very good, I decided to change the bed sheets; usually I will change them on Saturday for Sunday wash. The laundry dried real quickly as the sun was bright & sunny.

Since the weather was so nice, I told the children: “let's go to the pool...” “YEAH!!”...was the answer to my suggestion. Both of them changed quickly and packed their goggles and off we went to the pool nearby.

We had fun at the pool and enjoyed the coldness of the water on such a lovely day. The pool was not as crowded as I had expected.


Anthea was asking me: “mommy, why so long we didn't go to the pool.” I told her it was all because of HFMD, so I am very hesitant to bring them to Public Pools.

After the swim, the children requested to have noodles for their lunch and they wanted to eat what I had eaten the other night as dinner. (Actually I had maggi noodle and because it will be expiring soon, I did not allow them to share with me.)

We went to shop and save and bought a new packet of Maggi noodle and some cheese sausages. Then went home to cook their lunch. Both of them enjoyed the noodle with cheese sausages very much, anthea even had a 2nd bowl. I know by all mothers standard – this will be unhealthy meal, but for my case, I would like them indulge in anything, once a while..hee. (Just my lame lazy excuse...!!)

The children had their afternoon nap after a nice lunch and a tiring morning swim.

Adrian had to attend a wedding dinner at Intercontinental hotel, so I decided to bring the children along to Bugis for dinner and at the same time, shopped for Anthea's travel pack milk.
Recently, Adrian was offered some promotion by Citibank and he accepted it. So in returned, he received some vouchers. One of them was a FREE WAFFLE with Ben & Jerry Ice Cream at Billy Bombers, so I decided to bring the children there for dinner. We had a delicious dinner and both enjoyed the free waffle so much, ate till the last drop of the ice cream..hee.


(Anders was our "camera-boy")

When we were done with dinner, we shopped around Cold Storage and managed to buy the travel pack milk..What a relief!! Then we shopped around BHG for my FIL's birthday present. Anthea was very excited and she started to look around the departmental store for ye-ye's present. Finally she chose a nice and colorful polo T-shirt for her favourite yeye. I do hope my FIL will like his present..: P

Then around 10 pm, we went to the hotel and met up with Adrian. He managed to eat the 4th dish of the course and said that he wanted to go back too, as he had his gym session on Saturday morning.

So we left the hotel around 10.20pm, all happy and satisfied. Today has been a great day for 3 of us – Anthea, Anders and me. Very soon, our routine will be just the 3 of us when daddy is on his oversea work detachment.

2 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

as my boy is too active, I dare not go out alone with the 2 kids, will hv to wait till he is abit older

Aces Family said...

Hi Ling,

Indeed, at your boy age, i would not dare to venture much alone. Especially BOY will be BOY.. : P

cheers,
astee