Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad !! & Touched !!

Today is my Father in law 62nd years old birthday and it is also this day that he is officially retired.

We had a simple celebration last Saturday. My MIL hosted a Buffet Dinner at Window on the Park Café at the Holiday Inn Parkview. Actually it was more like the usual family dinner because there was no birthday cake. I had asked Adrian if we should get a small cake but my MIL mentioned that since it was a buffet, so no need for cake... : P

The Aces family bought yeye a small present and Anthea was so excited that she asked Yeye to open his present at the dinner table. Luckily Yeye was all smiled when he saw his present, so this means as he LIKES his present.

During dinner, my MIL was sharing with me her Farewell montage and gifts from her colleagues. Coincidentally, my MIL is also retiring end of this month. So both my In-laws will be Retirees.


However for my MIL, her current employer had offered her a 2nd career – either as Part – timer or contract staff. Then my MIL told me that her intention would be to get a morning Part time job so she can take care of Anthea in the afternoon. The primary school that I will be registering for Anthea is a single morning session school. After hearing what she said – I was really TOUCHED and felt so Happy for Anthea that her Nai-nai is ever so Loving towards her. Of course, I told my MIL that I will try to find a Part Time job to look after Anthea after school.


Honestly, my PIL's had worked so hard for the family and I think it's time for them to enjoy their retirement. They are welcomed to look after the grandchildren, as and when they are free. But I don't want to tie them down with the routine of childcare responsibilities. They should have the freedom to do what they like and go where they want to - 自由自在的享受退休时光 !!

Sincerely and truely, I am still very THANKFUL to my In-laws for always keeping us in their minds.


Aces Family : Wishing our Dad a Happy Birthday and Mom a Very Happy Retirement !!

3 comments:

Mommy Lose Weight said...

I am also looking for a single session for my girl next time as I prefer her to study in the morning. which sch is Anthea going?

Aces Family said...

Hi Ling,

I am monitoring the "stock market" and will decide when my phase of registration is here.. : P

cheers,
astee

Shiny Stars said...

U know, I always envy you for having such good relationship with your in-laws ;p You are really a lucky woman to have such great in-laws