Thursday, January 31, 2008

迎新春

财神到 。。。财神到 。。。财神到我的大门口。。。“

Everyday when I send Anthea and Anders to childcare, I will have the pleasure of listening to the children singing this Chinese New Year song. They are practicing for this Friday celebration. I always feel the joy, especially when it comes from the children. There are other songs that they sang and each day, when Anthea and Anders walk home with me, they will sing the songs over & over… : )

We are exactly 1 week away for the 1st day of Chinese New Year. So far, the Ace family are pretty updated with our spring cleaning tasks despite Anders Fever saga. I am keeping my fingers all crossed that the viral will be gone by this weekends, so he can has a good Chinese New Year celebrations.

So far, tasks accomplished:

- washing of curtains
- washing of blankets
- decoration of the home
- change of NEW notes for Ang pows
- bought mine & children new year clothing
- change of sofa covers

Things to do:

- change bed sheets
- clean the kitchen cabinets
- clean the windows
- sweeps and mops the floor
- buy mandarin oranges

Now I am looking forward to our reunion dinners next week. My parents have been very kind to accommodate my request and have our reunion dinner on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, we will be eating with my In Laws – I will keep my stomach for the special dish –
Braised Abalone (recipe by celebrity chef Sam Leong). Yummy ...!!

Then it will be time for 拜年and having feasts after feasts. . : )

“每条大街小巷,每个人的嘴里,见面第一 句话 , 就是 “恭喜恭喜“。。。。"

No comments: