Thursday, January 24, 2008

Chinese New Year Kueh

Chinese New Year is exactly 2 weeks from today. Usually at home, we don’t buy New Year goodies because we have no visitors. Also I do not want the children to eat too much of these stuff as most the food are quite heaty. We will, however, do a bit of decoration this weekends as both of them kept asking to buy New Year decoration items.

The children childcare will be having a celebration on 1 February 2008. Parents are requested to bring CNY goodies for the celebration.

For Anthea Class – it is Kueh Bolu and for Anders class – 5 mandarin oranges.

It’s quite a task to buy the kueh bolu as it needs to be Halal as there are Muslim teachers in the school.

I was chatting with a colleague about buying this kueh bolu and she mentioned that there is this Malay store that sells this particular kueh and she shows me the name card.

Warisan Recipe Pte Ltd – Bendemeer (Boon Keng MRT Station), Blk 25, #01-591, Bendemeer Road, Singapore 330025. And on the name card, there is a MUIS certification.

I was so happy and with this in mind, I went on island chase for this Kueh Bolu.

It was quite easy to get to from my workplace and I managed to find the shop quite easily. I bought 1 big container for the home and I small container for Anthea’s class.

At the same time, I found an interesting stall that sell 莆田 炒 面线 and bought it back as my lunch. It was a HUGE serving and I make it into 2 portions.

I know I will sure go back for lunch or dinners as there seem to be so many nice stalls around.

This remind me that I will need to do my Spring Cleaning this weekends…little by little...
: )

2 comments:

Angie said...

I always liked CNY goodies!!! what's your fav? mine has to be prawn rolls. hohoho~~~

Aces Family said...

hi angelcow,

i have never thought of a fav cos i like them all...hee. But if really need to name one - it must be PINEAPPLE TARTS...yummy !!

cheers,
astee