Sunday, January 20, 2008

GAP Girl and Moo Moo

Last Saturday Anthea had the chance to shop at GAP and my MIL bought her some clothings - a blouse, a pant and a sweater. This Saturday, my MIL passed me the loot. I was shocked when i read the price tag, luckily i heard my SIL mentioned that the shop was having some discounts, i hope at 50% and above. I know for the kind of salary i am drawing, i cannot afford to get her all these.. : P


So needless to say, i must get Anthea to model her new clothes since it is branded and so expensive.. : P


This Saturday, i had the chance to babysit my little niece for about 2 hours at my BIL's house. My SIL attended a cooking class conducted by celebrity chef - Sam Leong @ Tung Lok groups. He is my idol...i always like to see his cooking shows, always so entertaining. Now back to my babysitting experienced.


Well, i reckoned that each infant is different and each has their own style and characteristic. I discovered that my little niece like to "bully" her daddy/mommy when it's feeding times. I saw my BIL tried to bottle feed her and it was quite a task for him. I tried to help him but i failed too..sigh. Think only the 2 grandmothers can feed her with ease... : )


After the 2 hours, i went home as my MIL was with my BIL. Having been through this experience, i told Adrian that i was glad that both Anthea and Anders were easy babies during their times. Their feeding and sleeping routines were easy to manage.. : )

Dinner was at Tai Seng restaurant, a yearly treat hosted by my FIL's 3rd sister. As the resturant was in Chinatown, both Anthea and Anders had the chance to see mini fireworks from the restaurant. It was the Light-up ceremony for CNY in Chinatown.


On Sunday, we rested at home as Adrian was down with some stomach flu. For dinner, we met with the extended families. My MIL recommended us to a new place and i must say - it was a GOOD discovery. The name of the restaurant is called Vittles and it serves western cuisine. There were a few recommended dishes - Pistachios Herb Crusted Lamb, Baby Back ribs and Burgers and many more. I had the ribs and Adrian had the lamb. I actually preferred the lamb more to the ribs..hee : )


The portions served were generous and the highlight of the restaurant is - it has a POPCORN Machine. If you are a diner, you can get FREE Servings of the popcorns...how to resist !!

We had a nice and satisfying dinner and i told Adrian that we must go back and try their steaks and fish dishes...yummy !!

4 comments:

Louis & Eve said...

Yo! Thanks much for the help babysitting Faith. Yeah! Its tough to feed her milk in a bottle. Which is why I'm not looking forward to transitioning her to formula :)

Yep! Anthea looks good in her Gap outfit and she's all ready to take on the autumn weather in Australia if the trip comes true. No worries, all items were at 50% discount :)

Aces Family said...

Yo,

No worries of BBsitting Faith, next time, can bring her over on weekends.. : )

Well, it's a matter of sooner of later that she need to start formula : P

50% also quite a lot of $$ leh..Anthea is so lucky to have such a doting nai nai.

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Anthea & Anders are very blessed to have doting grandparents.

After the babysitting experience, are you considering having another sibling for you As? ;)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yes, they are indeed very lucky !

Hmm...if i am not a 高龄产妇, i will sure try for the 3rd A's junior... : P

Honestlt, after tis Babysitting experience, i learnt something important that not all Babies are easy to handle. So if i have a 3rd A's, i may face the same issues.

cheers,
astee