Monday, August 27, 2007

Self Indulgence

This weekend has been a fulfilling one for me. Since our domestic helper left us in April, all my weekends are “burnt” up by house chores and taking care of Anders as Adrian was involved in the NDP 2007.

On Saturday, Adrian helped me in cleaning the house (ps: must thanks my guarding angels for answering my prayers....hee : ) so I was left with more time for other stuff. I managed to clear some of the filing things and paid off bills via online.

Late afternoon, I even managed to give our car a long deserving car washed. Dinner was at Waraku Japanese restaurant at east coast with the extended families. Don’t really like this place, find it to be too noisy with all the waiters/waitress shouting all over the place. Nowadays prefer to dine in quiet places, thinks age is really catching up…hehe..

As it was raining, after dinner, we headed home. We were in time for EPL match between Liverpool & Sunderland. It was a good match and Liverpool won by 2 – 0.
A sweet dessert for us.

Sunday morning, I went to NTUC Extra and bought some ingredients for my trial baking of Muffin Cakes for the upcoming Teacher’s Day. It was quite a success but taste wise, still not satisfying as I find it to be a bit on the drier side. I was thrilled by the chance to be able to BAKE again…so the rest is really – practice will perfect it.

When I finished baking, I went to my hair salon for a treatment. Dinner was at my In-laws house with combination of home cooked food and tze char takeaways.

For the longest time, I have not indulge in such luxuries and having my own time to do my own things. I feel so ME again.

Lego Toys Sales
On Friday, Lego had a sales at Safra Toa Payoh organized by Toy R Us, so at lunch time, a few of my colleagues and myself dropped by to take a look. I have never buy any Lego toys for Anthea and Anders before, so since we were there, I pick up 2 items, one for each. The sale was not that fantastic and the stocks were really limited. They don’t have the blocks stuff which children can use their imagination to build up different things. Anyway, will watch out for their next sales.

4 comments:

LZmommy said...

It is always so nice to have ME time and hubby helping out :)

We watched the game too! But was worried when we saw that Carragher & Hypia injured. Benitez definitely need to get defenders before buying season closed.

Teachers day - Thought of baking but I don't have the time :( LZ want to get a little gifts for their teachers and that save me the trouble...

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

yeah, this kind of ME time are so precious.Give me a chance to re-charged.

Well, good that LZ has mind what to buy, i am baking because the 2A's has not mentioned of anything of teachers day.

astee

Joyce Long said...

Same here. I often have ME time on weekend while my DH look after Cherrlyn. Wow..yr muffin look very yummy..Must be very tasty. Have not been using my oven for a long time, think it is time to restart after looking at your muffin.

Aces Family said...

Hi Joyce,

looks can be deceiving..hehe..muffins were ok except too dry.

rgds,
astee