Thursday, August 30, 2007

Child TALK....

On Monday morning, Anthea requested that I helped to tie her hair for school. So I obliged to her request. I am quite hopeless when coming to doing hair, so ended up with a simple ponytail with 4 pins over her hair. When we were done, she asked Anders:

“Anders, nice or not? “

Anders replied her:

“Wow, so beautiful, like Princess
.”

Anthea was all smiled and happy when she heard Anders replied.

I was smiling in my heart when I heard Ander’s reply. All these while, I observed that Anders is very “generous” in giving compliments and sharing toys with his elder sister. Usually it is Anthea who need persuasion in sharing her “properties” with her younger brother.

I believe as she grows older, she will learn to be more generous, like her brother.

In the evening, when I went to fetch them, Mrs. Deva, the K2 English teacher commented to me “Anthea is getting more talkative now.”

I was happy to hear her feedback. I also noticed that at home when Adrian is disciplining her, she will answer back when he questioned her, instead of keeping quiet, as previously.

I believe her interactive skills is getting better and also her peers in this childcare are more outspoken compared to the previous childcare, so this may be another reason that encouraged her to speak out more. When I mentioned to Adrian on Mrs. Deva’s comment, he was glad too and take it as a positive feedback. I told Anthea, it’s perfectly ok to speak out when it is time to do so. However, when teachers are teaching during lessons, she must listen. She said “yes mommy, I only put my hands up when teacher asked questions. “

I am really glad to hear this and feel she is doing progressively well at this stage of learning.

Last evening, I had my hands on baking muffins, using a different recipe from the website. Getting good tips on measurement translation from my SIL, Eve, I managed to bake the Chocolate Chip Muffins.

These batches of muffins turned out better than the one I did on Sunday. So likely I will use this recipe for Teacher’s Day.

I noticed that this childcare centre did not ask for parent’s food/drink contributions for Teachers Day. So out of curiosity, I asked Anthea’s Chinese Teacher: “does the childcare celebrates Teacher’s Day?” She said: “they don’t practice celebration of teacher’s day.”

I was a bit shocked because the previous childcare that Anthea attended celebrated this special day with so much food & drinks.

Anyway, I will still bake some muffins for the teachers, in appreciation of their tender care and passion towards the children.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the muffins will turn out to be presentable and delicious… : P

No comments: