Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Happy Moments..

This week time passes so fast…must be the after holiday mood still lingering around.

The children are back to their normal routines and for me; I am still enjoying a bit of leftovers from last week. Adrian is clearing his leaves for 2 weeks, so this week he is at home, doing his studies for his upcoming aviation examination in September.

The reason for me say that I am still benefiting from his leaves is – He is helping me with some of the household chores. Like I say before, any help for me, I welcome with open arms and closed my 2 eyes on the finished products….ha-ha : )

On Tuesday, he volunteered to help me sweep and mop the house but since I wanted to resume my routine, so I did it on my own on that day. This morning, I left him with the chores. Last night, he helped me with hanging up the laundry with his 2 assistances…ha-ha : )

It was fun to see father, daughter and son, doing house chores together. After that, Adrian told me: “wow…hanging clothes is so easy when you have someone to hand you the pegs. “

After our 4 days vacation to Malaysia last week, I realized that both Anthea and Anders are now more aware of happenings around them, maybe I have been treating them like small kids so certain time, their reactions to things happening can catch us by surprises. But luckily all the surprises are good one.

Example:
1. Anders wanted to buy a Dinosaur when we were at Petrosains but it was quite costly, so we tried to persuade him to change to other things, we chosen a pack of small dinosaurs for him, ½ the price. He accepted it and told me: “mommy, next time when I grow Big, then I buy BIG Dinosaur, ok? “

Me: “yes, next time when you are bigger, we will buy a bigger Dino for you.”

(I believe by normal standard, he would have insisted on getting THAT Dinosaur)

2. Anthea and Anders were discussing between themselves of who is getting the window seat for our return flights from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.

Anthea: Anders, later you let me sit window, ok?

Anders: Ok, I let you sit window, tomorrow you let me sit window, ok?

Anthea: OK.

(Ps: no idea why they agree that we are taking aero plane tomorrow…hee : P )

Both reached an agreement without parents’ interference. For our outbound flights SIN – KUL, we made an agreement all together when I did an internet check in.

By these 2 simple life examples, I can feel my 2 little ones are growing and are better at negotiating for themselves. I am happy and filled with joy.

Teachers Day Gift

Teachers day is just next week and since it is the 1st time that Anthea and Anders are celebrating this occasion in the new childcare, I thought we should present somethings for their class teachers.

Anthea has 2 teachers and Anders has 3, which means if I were to buy some small gifts, I would need to buy 5 of them. A BIG Headache for me!!

Seeing so many mommies baking cake/bread/cupcakes etcs, I am also “itching’ to do my baking again…hee : )

Should I or should I not…this is a tough one….sigh!!!

5 comments:

Everyday Healy said...

feels really great to see our kids growing mature day after day isn't it? They are nice kids... lucky you! :)

Louis & Eve said...

Teachers Day Gift - Well...you could bake and enlist the help of the remaining ACES. Have Father A do a few more chores on Fri/Sat, then bring the 2As out on Sun PM. That should give you some spare time to bake :)

Joyce Long said...

Hi Astee

Also a big headache for me. Maybe can ask you to bake cakes for my teachers.hehehe just kidding.

Actually thought of doing bookmarks..will have to get started soon.

Aces Family said...

Hi Healy,

True,feel grow to see them growing up, happy & positive. Children are bundle of everything - nice, notti,mischievous,angels etcs.

Yo Eve,

The celebration should be on Friday, so my dilemma is if i have enuff time to bake on Thurs evening, otherwise, can place order from 729 kitchen hor...
hee : P

Hi Joyce,
Wow...bookmarks sound good, i shud "dong bang" you then...haha.

Teachers Day = Parents Stress.. : P

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, though i am a little late ... but I would say Go ahead and bake... it is really fun!! :)