Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Trial Week - Tingkat Dinner

For this week, we are trying out the Tingkat Dinner by Buffet Paradize.

I have short listed a few caterers – Neo Garden, Buffet Paradize, Select Catering, Jessie Catering and Kim’s Catering.

Finally I decided to try BP as this caterer received positive feedbacks from Baby Forum’s Mothers. As these mothers have kids of similar ages to Anthea and Anders, so I would think their recommendation would also meet my needs.

The few considerations:

- Food are delivered in disposable container without additional charges
- No MSG added to the food
- the person in charge is very accommodating to customer needs

Thus with these few items in mind, I made an order for a 1 week trial for this week.

We order a menu of 3 dishes and a soup for 2 persons. As this is our first time ordering and I always had the impression that Tingkats delivery time is early, usually around 4 to 5 pm. When the meal did not arrived at 6pm and my call to the caterer was not answered, I went to buy 2 packets of mixed rice for the children.

Finally at 6.15pm, someone knocked on the door. It was our Dinner delivery. I found out from the delivery man that their tingkat delivery starts from 4 pm to 7 pm. As their factory is in Woodlands, they will start from Woodlands – Sembawang – Yishun – Ang Mo Kio – Bishan. He was telling me if I want early delivery, I have to inform BP. Well, I told him that 6-ish pm is fine with us.

Dishes include:

- Spinach with Gou-kei
- Braised Soy Sauce chicken
- Fried Fish Fillet
- Tang – Hoon with Mushroom soup & 2 packet of white rice

(I have made a request for Non-spicy item because of the 2 children.)

Verdict: Food taste is good, similar to home cooked. Portion is good enough for our family of 2 adults and 2 child. Adrian and I enjoyed the food. Anthea and Anders love the Tang Hoon Soup.

Our lifestyle is changing, slowly but surely, I am positive that the change will make the better out of the Aces Family.

No comments: