Thursday, April 12, 2007

Aces Family 1st Movie Nite

Bringing Anthea and Anders to the movie has always been on my mind. I have been procrastinating it because of my worries :

- if they can sit still for 90 minutes
- will they be scare of the darkness in the cinema
- will they enjoy the movie etcs...

So to clear all my worries, we decided to go for a movie as a family. Also the childcare centre will be closed for the next 2 days, so waking up late tomorrow is not a problem.

I have 3 FREE movie passes for Golden Village cinema. So our nearest choice is GV Bishan and the movie we chose was Mr Beans Holiday.


The 2 A's junior has been watching Mr Bean cartoon CDs and Mr Bean show at home, so they are very familiar with the character.

After getting tickets for the 7.20 pm tickets, we bought a Combo Set ( large popcorns + a large sized drink). We went in the hall for the movie.

Both Anthea and Anders were very excited, especially Anders, he kept asking : "where's Mr Bean?" Then i explained to them that we have to wait for the movie to be screen. While waiting, both of them were happily munching the popcorns and sipping the drink.

Once the movie started, 2 of them got quite engrossed with it. Only thing is both of the will keep asking me questions : "why, what happen? " So i will have to keep linking the story for them. As the movie is more of funny actions than dialogue, so it was good enough to keep their attention focused.

At the end of the movie, both of them left the cinema, tired but very Happy. Anders told me he want to see Spiderman...hee : )

Then we went Breadtalk for a light supper and after that it was Home Sweet Home.

Well, from this experienced, i know my worries were unfounded. I am proud and glad to say the our 1st movie night is a SUCCESS and i know, there will be more of it to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, I was smiling away when I read this post. Grace also like to ask me "mommy why? what happen?" as she watches to any show that she does not understand.

I can imagine you telling your children about what is going on throughout the show... hehee..

Aces Family said...

jean,

yeah, anyway, i was enjoying the show too !! hee : )

cheers,
astee