Monday, November 02, 2009

FB “AGM”

Nope, it’s not facebook I am talking about…it’s Friendship Bond. Chinese say: 朋友。

Yes, via blogging & babies forum, I had known a few good friends and the friendship bond had been ongoing amid our busy work / family routine.

These few 朋友 are Idy (IT Family), Stardust (All about Vincent) & Clement (Kinigu). Since our very 1st meet up in January 2008, we had been meeting like once a year; it’s also like an AGM…hehe. Since it’s an AGM, of course, there need to be a “Secretary” to take minutes, so I volunteered my service. : P

Since I started working Part time and looking afterAnthea after school needs, lunch meeting is not easy to arrange unless it’s during her school holiday.

Last Thursday when I received an SMS invite from Idy for a lunch meet on Friday, 30 Oct 2009. I told myself I must make an effort to meet them.

So last Friday, after fetching Anthea from school, we made our way to Novena Square for the lunch meet. When we arrived, we were a little late and part of the agenda had been spoken, so I can only partake what was balance on the agenda…: )

Idy – she is currently on a contract and hoping to go on a few months short break before she starts her new term. In her own words, she is facing mid life crisis. Indeed, I had this experience too when Anthea was about to start her primary education. I think it’s a norm for mommies like us who would like to take care of our children after school care needs personally.


There are many logistics issues and arrangement that needed to be settled in order to become a FTSAHM or PTSAHM. So I think all these concerns will make the decision a tough one. That's why she is on the cross-roads. : )

Anyway, I know Idy will find the right answer to her question when her son, Iden ,starts primary school in another 2 years time.

Stardust – she is expecting her No.2 in February 2010 and she is having a baby girl. She is a very pretty expectant mommy and we can see the glow in her face. She also shared with us her experienced on teaching Chinese to her son, Vincent. I know it’s not easy especially when we comes from an English speaking family but talking to them make me realized that I should start to change our language system in our family and introduced a new system.

She is also looking forward to become a PTSAHM when her son starts primary school..hehe.

Seem like more and more mommies are choosing this route.

Clement – he shared with us the progress of Jaimie and how she is becoming more & more ladylike with her new image.

I had never met Angie & Jaimie but by reading their blog, I could tell that this family is a hyper active family and they are always on the GO….there just isn’t a dull moment in their life…I am really envy of their energy level…hee.

The family will be making a short trip to Sunway lagoon for their vacation soon and I am looking forward to reading their wonderful experience.

As for my part, I shared my experienced as a Part time working mommy, it’s not easy rushing up & down but I am glad I am always here for Anthea. To oversee her smooth transition into primary one and also making sure the household needs are taken care of.

It was another very fruitful lunch meet and I am really thankful that each time we had different idea to share with one another.

Another important tip that we got from Clement – there is a $2 coupon saver for purchase of Ovaltine Crunchy drink and I heard the drink is very nice. Must go & find the coupon…hehe.

Last but not least – wishing Stardust all the best in her delivery and till we meet again in our next AGM !!

(ps: I had my camera but was so excited that I forgot to take photo…sigh : P )

4 comments:

stardust said...

Thanks Astee for your compliment and well wishes!

You are a very well-organised PTSAHM. Will have a lot to learn from you in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee,

Sewfun Contest 01- Join our contest jus by dropping down your name & email address to win our Pencils Roll specially sewn by i-mama! Visit details at http://sewfun.wordpress.com !

Aces Family said...

Hi Stardust,

You are most welcome.

Like i said, we are learning different parenting skills everyday and it's always a pleasure to share. : )

Hi Levine,

Thanks for invite to join the contest. I will pass cos my children had too many pencil cases already...hee.

cheers,
astee

Angeline said...

*giggle*
That last line tells me how over-the-moon you were!
Clement and Angie and little Jaimie is in my list of Regulars... hence you are DEFINITELY RIGHT about them being GO GO GO...
Its hard not to fall in love with their energy?!
*wink*