Sunday, November 29, 2009

A “Windfall” Haji Weekends

We had another relaxing Haji long weekend break. It was a weekend of good food and good companionship.

On Friday, one of my long timed MJ kakis, Linda, organized a house warming and invited us to her newly bought 3 ½ room HDB flat in AMK for lunch. I had known this group of kakis since my SDS days. Yes, I was an active social development service member before and we had so much fond memories of our good old days. Matter of fact, I got to know Adrian via the SDS network…haha.

Linda’s ordered a mini buffet lunch for her guests and we had a great time catching up. There were many children in the home and it was very noisy and fun. I think we really WARM UP her house.

Then before we left her place for the day, I gathered all the kakis and asked them to pool in $10 for a small bet on the weekends 4D…hehe. So we decided on buying Linda’s new home unit number. There were 5 shares altogether. I am not a DIED-HARD 4D fan but when there is inspiration, I will be motivated and like what people say 有卖就有希望。。嘻嘻。

In the evening, we had dinner with my extended families at my youngest BIL’s home. After dinner, we had a quick game of MJ and in the end – I won $1.20…haha. Then we headed to the AMK Macdonald Drive through for our supper before calling it a day.

On Saturday, we went to Nova Furnishing centre and ordered a new study desk for Anthea. I was also considering getting a new wardrobe as the old one is giving way soon..hee.

In the evening, we had dinner with my parents and da-ge as my mom also had some small windfalls during the week with her 4D. I was planning to recommend them to try a new place – House of Seafood @180 but due to my negligence, we ended up at the wrong place and had different food instead. Anyway, it was the companion that mattered more to the food. (self-consolation : P)

Sunday was a relaxing day for us as we went around with our usual exercise routine and in the evening we had crab noodle from Mellben Seafood. My FIL will usually 打包the Crab Noodle from the stall and we would eat in comfort at my in laws place.

Then around 7 plus in the evening, I received a sms from Linda and she mentioned that our 4D betting number had came out and we had made a small windfall. Indeed a very good ending to the long weekends and I agreed with what Linda said – Group Luck = GOOD LUCK!! I am looking forward to our next groups gathering and hopefully we will have a chance to play MJ again… : )

3 comments:

Angeline said...

*Kaching Kaching Kaching*

MJ won.
4D won.
What Awesome Luck you are In babe!
Congrats!

Beautiful Love said...

Winnings irregards small or big, win means got luck liao!

发呀!

blurblur said...

Good tidings coming your way.... :)