Saturday, November 07, 2009

假期计划和 我的“新欢”

Yes, in about 2 weeks time, the year end school holiday will begin and it will last for a month plus.

Being the family holiday planner, I had been thinking hard of where to go for our family holiday. After some thoughts, I finally decided that we are NOT going away for this December school holiday…hee.

Basically, Adrian is still doing his course and it will end only mid December and by then, it’s almost Christmas time. So I thought it would be too late to go for holiday and 冬至is around the same time, so we must still in Singapore for the reunion dinner..: )

Also at year end, it’s hard to decide which country to visit as most of the countries are in their winter season and it will be too cold for the children.

With these in mind, I am now starting to plan for some local VACATIONS…haha.

Yes, we are now booked for 1 Staycation Vacation at Rasa Sentosa Resort and 1 chalet stay at Aranda Country Club for November & December respectively.

In between the holidays, I have make plans for some local tours – Zoo, Duck Tour, Flyers etcs. As long as I can get off from work, I will bring the children around and enjoy Singapore…haha. We will make ourselves like tourist at home.

I believe the important part of the holiday is the family bonding time that we get when we enjoyed the time together, regardless where we are…: )

新欢

Ever since I started working in my new place, I had joined the morning express. In order to make the train ride from AMK to Raffles Place more enjoyable, I decided to borrow library books and read them along the way.

The other day I was at Bishan library borrowing the children usual reading stuff. At the browser return tray, I saw there was this one and only CHINESE Book and I took it and read a bit. I felt in love with the book immediately and borrowed it. Since then, my morning express is never the same again and I am thinking why the train rides to and back is so fast..hehe.

Yes, my new found love is the series of Chinese romance books – 寻梦圆。After my 1st book, I had followed up & borrowed another few more. There are a few writers in the series and most of the stories are like fairytales where the Prince & Princess finally live happily ever after. I think for me, the thrill is reading Chinese and the dialogue inside the books are so humorous which in real life – I can find none..: P

Now with this new Love discovery, I will be going back to the library for more and more..haha.

人生就是一场梦!!

5 comments:

Angie said...

i like to read on the train too! it's a good usage of time. The only romance stories i read were from 琼瑶 and I dont read them anymore. i felt that i have passed the age to be able to go through the emotional roller coaster with the female lead. Now i read a lot of non-fiction books, something which wont keep me awake all night so that i can find out who's ending up with who! hahahaha!! enjoy your books!

LZmommy said...

Even without leaving the country, I'm sure you guys will have a great time coz your As have a wonderful mommy who planned so well :)

I read those books too and 卫斯里! You should have started earlier, coz I just gave away one big collection of it. Need to make space for LZ's growing collection of books :(

blurblur said...

We are not going anywhere this December holidays too, must try to find more place of interests to bring the kids to. :)

The books look interesting! And I love to read romance books..hehe..

Angeline said...

ok, the book is definitely OUT for me. I'll probably need to bring along a dictionary as well... *faint*

From the way you wrote, do you guys ALWAYS leave town during the long school break? Was it a NORM?

Aces Family said...

hi Angie,

You are so spot on abt the part of keeping awake to find out who's go wz who..haha.

Hi BB,

Yeah, we must share all the local touring tips, so that all sch hldy mommies/daddies know where to go..: )

Hi LZmommy,

Thanks for recommending the new series, i will chk them out from the library..: )

Hi Angeline,

YEs,it's a norm that we leave town during school hldys. Simply becos hubby is a regular with the force, if he's on leave and in SG, he's recall-able..haha.

So we need to take a break somewhere, even nearby island also good...hee.

Also when we travel, the bonding time tgther is so much different compared to when u stayed home.

cheers,
astee