Wednesday, November 11, 2009

JBG & A DREAM HOME

On last Friday afternoon while having lunch, I got a call from my long time sister – Cindy and she mentioned that she was on ½ day leave and planned to bring her son – Angus to park for cycling. She asked if we would like to join her and we did. We had a good time cycling at Bishan Park and then we came back to our place to play badminton. Both Anthea and Angus had a fun time together.

On Saturday morning, Anthea told me that she wanted to invite Angus to Jacob Ballast Children Garden to play at the Treetop. So I called Cindy and told her of the plan and she was ok and we made a date for the evening.

Around 4.15pm, we met at novena square where Cindy picked us up to the garden. Adrian was having his test on Monday and did not join us for the outing. Anyway, he was also a bit under the weather so I told him to rest at home.

We reached the Jacob Ballast children garden around 4.40pm and Anthea played guide to Cindy, her hubby and Angus. This was Anthea 3rd visit to the garden and Anders 2nd visit. And it was Angus 1st visit …hehe.

Naturally, Anthea brought them around the fun places – suspension bridge, the log, the “fog” area and of course, the Treetop walk. The 3 of them had great fun at the slide and the climb. While they were busy playing, the adults were busy chatting and playing with our camera and sharing about photography.

After the Treetop, we went to the A-mazing race area and again they had Dave to “run” after them, trying to catch them.

Then our last stop was the playground area. They had fun with the sand and the different play stations.

We walked over to the water area to wash our legs…haha. Then we ended our tour of the garden.

The children were all sweaty and dirty from the sand and running around, we had them changed of clothing before proceeding to our dinner.

Cindy recommended Suki Sushi and this was our 1st time to this chain of Japanese restaurant. I was impressed with their menu and told Adrian we must go and try the outlet in Ang Mo Kio which was near my In-laws place…hehe.

After dinner, the children requested to go to Angus home to try a new toy – YoYo. Yes, Angus had about 7 or 8 of them and he wanted to show Anthea/Anders of his tricks.

So we went to her new home near Novena Square. I was totally in full admiration of her new home.

1st admiration – the property has a private life to each unit. This mean there is FULL Privacy. I know many properties are now built with such a lift but seeing it personally really make a different.

2nd admiration – her unit has a balcony and from the balcony we can see the main city view – flyer & a bit of IR. The night scene was just mesmerizing and the wind was blowing quite strongly on that evening. We had a great time sitting at the balcony and chatting while the children played WII games.

3rd admiration – her master bedroom bathroom has a Banyan Tree style bathtub and also a window view to the city. I can imagine how nice it would be to take a nice hot bath in the tub while the wind blew through your face/hair.

This is the kind of DREAM home for many people, especially me…hee. But I know it’s just a DREAM home, finally I will be back to my HDB Flat. : P

Nope I am not complaining because I know “同人不同命“。 Some people work hard and enjoy such luxury. I can only work hard to enjoy my family…haha.

4 comments:

Angeline said...

AAAaaawwww..... you described her house until so nice... can salivate man! If only there were photos....
*pout*

(Thank you for this post. It reminded me that I have a post on JBG in my draft for the longest time... *giggle*)

Rachel said...

sometimes simplicity can be better than having nice house but unhappiness..

Jan Lee said...

that is why they call it DREAM HOME cos we can only dream about it...kekeke

Joyce Long said...

The most important is to be happy with your kids..I also dream of staying in condo..but then again...

oh yes..i have set my blog as private and email you to your hotmail acc for invitation..