Thursday, October 29, 2009

Boot camp, anyone??

Ever since I changed to working part time, I had gained back some of my previous lost weight…sigh. Must be the intake of all the sumptuous lunches with Anthea..hee.

And in this coming December I will be attending Adrian’s course graduation ceremony. I had finally bought my Gown and I must really lose some weight to look better in the gown.

Adrian had started his gym routine since his return from the last oversea trip. As the gym membership fees is too expensive for me to maintain. I decided to do my usual jogging routine at the track / park nearby. Well, so far I don’t really seem to be losing what I hope to lose…so I started looking around for some solutions.

Slimming Centers? Nope, this will be my last resort because it will surely cost a bomb for any treatments.

So I start looking around for some affordable gym or workout session. Finally I found this – Fitness Boot camp SG. I read through the website information and found that they had a training session at Bishan on every Sunday. So I wasted no time and registered myself for the trial lesson.

Coincidentally, this is also the same group of people that conducted the Boot Camp session for the Health Promotion Board program – HPB's Lose to Win Challenge. It is telecast on Channel 5 on every Wednesday.

Last Sunday was my 1st time to the session and I had a fun-tastic time. The trainer name was Matt and he was really easy going and fun too. There were another 2 ladies with me at the same session. One of them was also a 1st timer and the other one was a regular. What surprised me most was – both of the ladies were slim & fit and they are doing the Standard Chartered 10KM run on this coming Sunday. This leave me to wonder why do they need to attend the boot camp since they are already so fit…hee.

But after the session, I realized something important – it was the motivational push. When I exercised alone, I felt restless and just do my routine. But when I am doing group exercises, I felt more energetic and also with a personal trainer pushing you along the way, the effect was just amazing. After the 1 hour’s workout, I went home, feeling totally refreshed and my physical felt the fulfillment.

A day and 2 after the session, my whole body was aching but I told Adrian “痛到很爽!!”嘻嘻。

This Sunday I will be going for my 2nd session and hopefully by the end of the whole sessions, I hope I can hit my personal target – losing weight!!

5 comments:

jean said...

hey astee, jia you! u really amazed me with all your exercises workout :-)

Aces Family said...

hi Jean,

Yes, i have the sports in my blood..haha. Since my school days till now, my love for sports has never gone away...: P

Now with children, all the more important is to keep a healthy lifestyle.

cheers,
astee

Angeline said...

Oh cool!
Keep that drive in you going.
Got their numbers?
Arrange for meetups before the session, this can truly cure the lazy cells from surfacing in future.
*wink*
Jiayou!

Beautiful Love said...

Astee, indeed you are really ON! Keep it up!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angeline,

Their contacts are on the website, you can register for a trial and see if the workout suits you. Enjoy!

HI BL,

Yes, must keep it up or else Life will be so restless..haha.

cheers,
astee