Tuesday, October 13, 2009

BBQ on 双十节

In celebration of 双十节, my brother decided to organize a BBQ session at my place.(Actually it's was impromtu and it happened to be on 10 -10, what a coincidence.)

Yes, at our block podium, there are 3 BBQ Pits for residential use. Having stayed in our home for 10 years plus, we had never once used the BBQ pit..hehe.

Last week, my eldest brother called me and mentioned his keen interest in organizing a BBQ session at our BBQ pit. So immediately I went to the Resident Committee office to check regarding the booking for the pits. I was informed that there is no reservation required and it’s first come first basis. Also the usage is Free of Charge...: )

I informed my eldest brother of my findings and we confirmed our Saturday BBQ appointment. He set off to buy all the food stuff and then gave me instruction of things to bring on the day.

As it was just our own family BBQ, we kept it to the minimum and simplest.

On Saturday around 5pm, we went downstairs to play a game badminton and as well to “chop” a pit. I heard from the RC person that there were few queries for the pits.

Around 6 pm, my eldest brother came with my parents and we started to set up our BBQ pit for the grill. My dad also prepared some bee hoon and potato salad.

We took about 30 – 45 minutes to start up the fire and when the charcoal was ready, it was BBQ TIME. We had chicken winglets, lamp chop, sausages, corn & sweet potatoes.

As we BBQ, we also chatted and shared our happenings as a family. I guess this is the fun part of BBQ. While the adults were busied with the BBQ-ing, Anthea & Anders were busied playing badminton with our neighbor 哥哥 & his friend. They were running all over the place and having great fun.

There was another group of people using the BBQ pit next to us. They were a BIG family group and they were celebrating a baby girl 1 year old birthday. The whole place was very lively and the atmosphere was good.

We ended our BBQ around 9 pm and cleared up the places. It had been a very good 1st BBQ experienced for our family and I know we will be organizing more as Anthea kept saying that “she hopes we will have more BBQ!!” : P

1 comment:

Angeline said...

Ooooo...when you have a nearby pit celebrating a child's birthday, I can definitely imagine the NOISE LEVERL...*laugh* Lively indeed...

We have BBQ really often with my in-laws (outdoors) and on our own too (but indoors and the 'cleaner' way...no charcoals type... *giggle)