Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"啊牛进城市"

After working for almost a month at my new temp job, I am getting quite used to the morning express train to Raffles Place.

The energy level is always so high in the morning and people are literally “marching” to work…hehe. This used to be my working place about 10 years ago. : P

Then my working place was changed to the woods and the pace became very laid back..hehe. I enjoyed the greenery and the pace at that time as I embarked on my Part Time working life.

Last year I had the chance to move back to a modern working environment and the workplace was at Novena Square. The pace was fairly ok and I don’t feel the “marching” sensation. I enjoyed Novena as it was about 10 minutes ride from AMK.

On Monday, Adrian was having his off in lieu and he took care of Anthea at home while I went to work. I took the opportunity to meet up with my long time sister – Andrea and had lunch with her. Her office is in Tanjong Pagar and we met there for lunch. Tanjong Pagar MRT station had changed so much and now it has an Exchange itself where they had so many eateries and shopping places. I was truly surprised to see the whole place to be so happening now and it’s really a far cry from the days we were there…hehe.

We had a good lunch and chatted about everything and anything. After lunch, I walked her back to her office and then took a slow walk on Robinson Road. As I walk passed my old office building – SIA Building – it brought back many fond memories. But I noticed the SIA Logo is gone from the building, so guess it’s no longer called SIA Building..hehe.

Along Robinson road, I saw some familiar shops and some newbie’s. The changes are so amazing and if I don’t take a walk this time, I think next time the whole place will be “ulu” to me.

Now that I am doing contract / temp jobs, I had the chance to work in different MNCs and learning the different culture values. I told Adrian that it’s quite good to have such experience to learn all the different cultures.

Hope that i will be able to get my Dream Job again...hee!

3 comments:

Ricket said...

I work in Tanjong Pagar, I never like the morning human traffic. I even avoid taking the LRT in my estate because the pack starts from there.

Angeline said...

All the best girl!

blurblur said...

I used to work along Robinson Road 5-6years back...and I must admit it has indeed changed alot! How I miss those days too! ;)