Friday, October 09, 2009

口试

Last Saturday after her 天下lesson, Anthea told me “mommy, you need to buy oral books for me to revise my Chinese oral. Don’t buy those which need to do exercises, buy those just for oral, okay?”

“Okay, I will go and look for the oral book/s.” I told her.

So on Monday, I went to Popular bookstore to search for the book. Anthea seldom make such request and when she does, I treat it with TOP Priority…hehe.

I went through all the P1 assessment books and saw that they are all the comprehension exercise books with a few other subjects. I don’t think I want to stress her with more such exercises. So I look and look around all the P1 books. Finally at one particular shelf, I saw all the ORAL Preparation books. I was so happy and this was exactly what she wanted. I read through a few and shortlisted one that I thought was nearest to her current school teaching.

I bought a copy of the Chinese oral book. For English oral, her class teacher had all the notes and preparation information in the file, so I will just use that to revise with her.

Her English / Chinese oral tests were scheduled on this week Thursday & Friday. On Tuesday & Wednesday afternoon, I went through a few of the Chinese oral tests with her.

朗读短文- she can read the passage quite well and with little assistance.

看图说话- she can descript most of the things in the picture. But she was also a bit 罗嗦, so I reminded her to keep her sentences “short & sweet.”

听力测验- she score quite well for this section too. (Ahem ^^ credit goes a little to mommy who can read like her teacher..hehe.)

听力选图- this section was also fairly easy for her.

Overall based on our own tests - her Chinese oral was average. On Thursday, she came home and told me that she had her Chinese oral test on that day. I thought it was supposed to be on Friday : P

Then I asked her how the test was – she said it was ok and her tester said to her: “艾妤,很好。“I was happy to hear her teacher’s feedback but I hope she passed well with good marks.

Today she had her English oral and once again she said the tester commented she did very well too for the oral.

I told Adrian that I hoped what she said is for real and not just some “晚报“news which were at times – laughable.

Now that this week of oral is over, we will now put our focus to her SA2 preparation.

One of my GF was commenting on my FB comment and told me to RELAX …guess I can only really relax in about another 2 weeks time when her SA2 is over on 3 November “ )

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wah....you are doing so much to help her with her exams.....now i feel so bad....I didn't do anything....:(

Rayner's SA2 ends 29 Oct.

Anonymous said...

wah....you are doing alot to help her....now I feel so bad....I didn't do anything...:(

Rayner's SA2 is on the 29 Oct.

blurblur said...

Damien does not has any exams this year, so I'm quite relax. :P But i'm preparing him for his P2's oral and listening comprehension...kiasu mummy.. :P

Aces Family said...

Hi MLR<

Don't feel bad, i think Rayner is quite a self-achiever so you do not really need to prepare much for him as this stage..hee : )

Your are already providing your best support to the children.

Hi BB,

WOw, Damien sch no exams at all..?? Anthea sch "stream" at P1 already so nd to monitor her closely..hee : )

cheers,
astee

Angeline said...

Next year I'll be in this preparation stage too.... *wink*
to hear my boy speaks with his ang-mo slang must be really amusing... *giggle*

Blessed mum said...

can understand your position.. she is your first child going taking Pr exam..but really, relax.. the papers will be very easy and as long as they done their revision and know their work, they should pass with good grades..provided they are not careless..

All the best to your girl..

Aces Family said...

hi angeline,

yeah, welcome to the Primary School Club mommies.

Hi Blessed mum,

You are right - esp 1st child, we seem to have such high expectation from her..hee.

Thanks for your advice and will revise with her next week when school is closed for the week.

cheers,
astee