Saturday, October 24, 2009

欢乐一周

This week school break had been a pretty fun and enjoyable one for Anthea and myself. As usually my mom was around to help me “babysit” Anthea for 2 days – Tuesday & Wednesday while I was at work.

As my eldest brother is also now taking a break from his work, he was available in the afternoon and we had arranged to meet for lunch after my work.

So on Wednesday, together with my parents and the children, I met them at commonwealth MRT and we headed to commonwealth crescent for lunch. Yes, after watching the TV reality show “抢摊大行动“, I had been telling myself that I must go and try the dessert stall- Bee Garden that celebrity chef Eric Teo had gave a “makeover”. Read more of the stall 遭遇from this famous food blog I Eat I shoot.

After a simple lunch, we had our dessert – we ordered the bubor cha cha and durian penyet. As we were already quite full, we didn’t try the mango pamelo and cheng tng, so this mean we will surely go back for more…haha.

Then my brother brought us to Labrador Park for a quick walk and the whole place looked new to me compared more than 10 years back when we were there for our fishing trip with my MJ Kakis. This walk brought back a lot of fond memories:)

On Thursday & Friday, I decided to take 2 days of no pay leave to be home with Anthea. In the morning, we would go to the library and spend about 2 hours for her SA revisions. We would then go for lunch at the nearby food court. She would take her usual afternoon naps after lunch and then in the evening, we would play badminton.

It was a good decision to be home to do the revisions with her, otherwise, I know she may overplay and when Monday comes, she will suffer from it.

Last evening, we went to Rider’s café at fairway place for our dinner. It was another wonderful discovery and again, recommended by my 大哥…haha. When it comes to food, he has many lobangs. We enjoyed a very sumptuous and relaxing dinner at the café and we would be back for more, as usual.

This week has passed by so swiftly and in another 1 more day, we will be back to our normal routine and it’s the final countdown to Anthea’s SA : )

4 comments:

blurblur said...

That was indeed a very fufilling week!! All the best to Anthea's SA! :)

Ricket said...

Do they allow non member to ride the horses?

Aces Family said...

HI BB,

Thanks for the well wishes !!

Hi Ricket,

We didn't make enquiry but from the set up, it's looks more like for Members only. The cafe is closed on Monday as it's reserved for members dining.

cheers,
astee

Angeline said...

going back for more?? so does that mean the desserts were 'satisfactory' or addictive?