Thursday, September 17, 2009

Routine & DSLR

On Tuesday, it was my 1st day as a FTSAHM. The 1st thing I did after sending Anders to childcare was I headed for the swimming pool for my 10 laps morning swim. It was a very refreshing swim and the pool was very quiet, unlike the usual Sunday crowd.

On Wednesday, I went to Fitness First @ AMK HUB. Adrian had recently signed up for the gym membership and in return, they gave him some FREE Guest passes. After studying the aerobic class’s schedule, I decided to do the Wednesday 10.15am class. I went to the gym around 9.30am and did some of the usual gym workout.

At 10.10am, I waited outside of the studio for the earlier lesson to end. Once it ended, most of the people rushed in and the class was overcrowded. A few gym members kept telling me that there was not enough space for my step board. So in the end, I had no choice but to forego the class and left.

I was really surprised to see the class to be so “packed” during such “off peak” hours. Guess now people are getting more & more in GYM…haha. Even the HDB “Tai-tai” do the same..: P

Today is my 3rd day and I did my usual household chores in the morning. Then in the afternoon went to buy lunch for Anthea before fetching her.

The new routine is now more relaxing and no more “mad lunch time rush”. I am also enjoying my gym workout and swimming sessions. I will enjoy them as long as I can and meanwhile, I am still looking for a Part Time job diligently.

DSLR


I had seen many blogging parents taking very nice photographs of their children and blogging them. I had always wanted to get such a camera but had some consideration, so till now, I am still faithfully using my Panasonic Lumix F10.

Recently my BIL bought a new DSLR camera and took a few photos of the children. The pictures are really sharp and capture the expression so much better than the normal camera. So now I am very tempted and wonder if I should invest in one?

I must start doing my homework before I make the final decision as Adrian had said “you are the only one using it, so must make sure it does not become another “white elephant”.

So my dear blogging friends, what is your opinion of such a camera and what is a good model to consider for an “amateur photographer”…hee.

4 comments:

Angeline said...

I am terrible with pro-cameras, all I know is press the button and snap. But I have to say, those are really nice shots! *wink*

Welcome again to FTSAHM club!

Mrs Sze said...

Yes, me also very tempted after seeing how different DSLR photos are from normal point and shoot cameras.

But considering the cost, bulkiness and whether it'll be put to "good" use, I'm having second thoughts too. Imagine I have to lug a big bag when going out with kids now, not to mention another big camera. Also, I'm very much needed to take care of my kids and feed them when we're outside.

Perhaps, you may not have the same concern as me as your kids are bigger already :)

Aces Family said...

hi Mrs Sze,

Yes, the nice photos tell a thousand words..hee.


I agreed with those considerations that you mentioned as they are in my List too.hee.

I will read more 1st before committing to it.

Thanks,
astee

levinetay said...

Hi As,

Welcome to FTSAHM club!! ;)

As for DSLR- tat also depends wats the main use of it too. My hubby is the one using. No thanks for me as many functions to to adjust every nw & then. BUT many photos of mine, its borrow from i-papa coz of the photos quality.

If you happened to be free, can visit www.clubsnap.com, where it gives a lot of tips & info on photography.

;) enjoy yr day!