Thursday, September 10, 2009

A New Role & GOWN

My reporting Managing is now seconded to the USA office and he will be working in the office for about 3 month’s time.

On Tuesday, we had a quick chat about my contract and he confirmed that he would not be renewing my contract for the few months that he’s away from Singapore. He said that he will re-hire me when he’s back in Singapore and he communicated this to the HR.

So from next Tuesday onward, I will officially become a FTSAHM (Full Time stay at home mom)…hee : P

I had the chance to be a FTSAHM after I gave birth to Anders and at the same time I used the time to guide Siti as she just started worked with us.

Now I have another opportunity to experience that feeling again, only this time, no newborn and maid to look after…hehe.

Well, of course, I know things may take a different turn and whether my Manager will return to Singapore is still a BIG Question mark. I am now looking out for any new Part Time Opportunities, just in case.

Online jobs advertisements are my daily readings and I will write in as and when something suitable turns out.

Adrian is back in Singapore and has been attending some pre-course briefing for his upcoming course.

On Tuesday evening after the brief, he came home and told me: “dear, you need to get a GOWN.”

I was so shocked and surprised at his remark and asked him WHY. He said “for the course graduation, there will be a formal dinner. You will need to put on my new rank for me. Also there will be a military dinner which he claimed was fit for King & Queen.” So that’s why I need to get an evening gown.

The last time I wore a GOWN was at my wedding and it’s almost 10 years ago..haha.

Now I must start to shop around and see if anything suitable for the occasion. Also I told Adrian since I am now jobless; it will be a good opportunity to lose some weight so I can fit nicely into an evening gown.

6 comments:

Angeline said...

Welcome to the FTSAHM club girl!
Welcome!!!
*wink*

Anonymous said...

Hi there....good opportunity for you to spend some qu0ality time with your kids.....:)

wah...evening gown ah...bery LONG ZHONG hor....:)

Blessed mum said...

wow! wow! Wow! Congrats to Adrian! You must be so proud to be able to put the new rank on for him on that day! Envy of all woman! *wink*

blurblur said...

Congrats to Adrain on his promotion! :) Such grand occasion, gown somemore...take pic and show us ok?? hehe :)

LZmommy said...

Congrats to Adrian! :) It must be very exciting to have you putting on the rank for him :)

Beautiful Love said...

Woo hoo, that's a good piece of news!

Wow fast transform yourself! Am so excited to see...