Friday, September 25, 2009

月饼之爱

A week ago, my ex-ex colleagues sent me an email and informed me that the annual mooncakes sales will be happening on Fridays, 25 September & 1 October 2009.

Different vendors would be at the office premise to sell the mooncakes at staff special. Of course, my target is Raffles Hotel Mooncakes. We had been buying the hotel’s mooncakes for my parents for the last few years and they enjoyed it. Also Adrian likes their snowskin mooncake.

Today morning at around 10.30am, I made my way to the office to meet with them for our “shopping spree”..hee.

As expected there was a LONG Q for Raffles hotel mooncake and luckily, my colleagues had gone to Q earlier.

I bought a box of baked mooncake with pine nuts, macadamia nuts & white lotus, a box of Pearl mooncake with single yolk & white lotus paste. And together with my colleagues, we shared the famous snowskin mooncake with champagne truffle & ganache, mocha truffle and dark chocolate crunchy pearl.

I gave a box of baked mooncake to my parents with a mixture of lotus paste & the single yolk. I know they would love the taste of the different mix.

I am so thankful to my ex-colleagues for keeping me in mind and keeping me in the loop as and when there are such special offers : ) 感恩 !

In the morning, I had the chance to go by Takashimaya to do some interviews with the job agency. Knowing that there is a mooncake event at the event hall, I went by and bought some of our favorite – 恒香老婆饼。

Now we had the luxury to sample all the delicious mooncake slowly and enjoyed the festival mood of 中秋节。

7 comments:

LZmommy said...

Hope you will have good news from the agency and enjoy your mooncakes :)

Anonymous said...

did you say you bot the lao po bing at takashimaya??? oh gosh.....my favourite...I got to go and get them tomorrow...

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Thanks for the wishes and we are enjoying the mooncakes :P

Hi MLR,

Yes, they are all at Takashimaya mooncakes sale, go & GRAB fast..haha.

cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

I love the Raffles Hotel's snowskin with Chamgpagne truffle & ganache too!!! You made me drool, I must go grab one for myself.hehehe.. :P

Beautiful Love said...

Wow simply cant resist mooncakes...esp now with lots of flavour n the nice packaging, how to??? Enjoi ur mooncakes :p

Angie said...

moooooooonnnnn caaaaaakkkkeeesssss~~

jean said...

how is your interview? managed to get thru? :-)