Sunday, September 13, 2009

K.I.C & OMNIA B7320

Anders childcare had their K.I.C (kids-in-charge) event on Saturday, 12 September. This year the event was held at Toa Payoh Garden and it was a combined event of a few centers.

The event was scheduled from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm. In the morning we fetched Anthea to Tien Hsia for her class and then proceeded to the Garden with Anders.

When we arrived there around 9.30am, most of the teachers/principals were there preparing the different corners for the event. There were story telling corners, games corner and handicraft corners.

We went to the registration area to register and pick up our goody bag. Then I brought Anders around while Adrian looked after the goodies…hee : P

We played the 1st round of game at the stick area. As we were playing under the scorching sun, Anders kept complaining that it was very HOT!

In the end, we had no choice but to return to the “waiting station” where Adrian was waiting for us.

In the end, we left around 10 am and brought Anders to Toa Payoh HUB for a haircut.

Compared to the previous KIC event, I would say the previous one was closer to the theme and we had enjoyed it more. But still the overall effort for this year event is commendable.

Samsung Omnia B7320
My current mobile contract is due for renewal and these few days, I had been going around making enquiries on all the different mobile phones and their current promotion.

Finally, I shortlisted Nokia E63 but when I was at a SingTel exclusive shop, they were out of stock for the mobile phones. So the sales person started “selling” me another model – Samsung Omnia B7230. This was one of the phones I was considering while making enquiries. After a few persuasions by the sale person – I was bought over and ended buying this mobile phone.

At the same time, I bought a prepaid SIM card for Anthea. As she has been going to the tuition centre on her own and making calls from the public phone to report her “arrival” at the centre. So I thought I can pass my old phone to her and let her use it on those tuition days.

7 comments:

LZmommy said...

New hp! I just renew my contract with them too and I got a free hp for L. Have the same idea like you, give L a hp so she can 'report' to me. Hehehe... But have not decided to take up the plan where she can share my plan or to get her a prepaid card.

Anonymous said...

K.I.C event, that's pretty interesting....ya, weather past few days has been crazy, hot like hell....

Anthea very independent hor....not sure when is the right time for kids to bring HPs plus school discourage them :)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, now no need to take plan yet as it's just a "reporting" phone, so prepaid card shud be good enough.

Hi MLR,

Yes, hot like crazy..: P

For Anthea, the HP is used when she goes for her tuition classes. Definitely not for school days, otherwise, the Prepaid amount is not enough..haha.

cheers,
astee

blurblur said...

How do you find the new HP so far? My hub's Samsung touch phone is giving him lotsa problems..

Anthea is such an independent girl. :)

Aces Family said...

hi BB,

So far the phone is ok. I am a very basic user and i don't surf on my mobile. yes, i was adv against touch phone. I heard many "negative" feedbacks and also it's consume more power than the normal phone.

astee

ShanZen - Brightsong said...

hey, I use nokia E63 and like the keyboard-style pad becos this means I can sms faster, can type with both hands :) THis Samsung looks similar hope it's as convenient

Aces Family said...

Hi BS,

Indeed, this Samsung model is quite similar to Nokia E63. Personally i still prefer a Nokia as there are certain features which Nokia has that SS does not has...: )

Cheers,
astee