Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cohesion Day Event & 便当前面的故事

Friday was cohesion day for Adrian’s company and the company had organized a morning walk session at Telok Blangah Hill. As it was also an off day for Anthea as her school was closed for PSLE comprehension. So we decided to join Adrian for his morning walk.

It was the 1st time that we were at this famous hill. We arrived at around 9.30am for the registration. Then we went up to the meeting point. Adrian showed us the famous Henderson wave and according to the site – it is the highest pedestrian bridge in Singapore and it connects the 2 hills of Mouth Faber and Telok Blangah Hill.

Then around 10am after his officer had a short brief with the men, the walk commenced. It was a 4.8km walk that covered the Hilltop & forest walk.

Anthea and myself joined in the walk and it was a very good morning exercise for both of us. We truly enjoyed the scenery and the fresh air.

The walk ended around 11 am and the group adjourned to Harbour Front city for lunch. As lunch was optional, we decided not to join them. Instead we headed to Mouth Faber Safra for a swim. I had packed along our swimming gears.

We reached Safra around 11.30am and there was a Mooncake road show at the clubhouse. I had received an SMS a day before and knew of this moon cake road show. Raffles hotel was one of the participating hotel but they were only scheduled to be there on 19 September 2009, so we had no chance to sample their moon cakes.

Goodwood park hotel was at the road show and we sampled their signature D24 durian snow skin moon cake and it was really YUMMY!!

After sampling, we went for our swim and Adrian went to the gym. We had ½ hour of good swim and then showered and changed for lunch. I had heard good feedback of the Japanese restaurant from The Chiah Family and decided to give it a try. Adrian ordered the Sushi set, I ordered the daily special and Anthea ordered the child meal and we had a very filling meal. SAFRA card get discount on the ala carte menu.

Before leaving the clubhouse, we bought the Good Park Hotel moon cake home. Anthea likes the Mango with pomelo while I love the durian, so we bought one of each. These moon cakes will be our after meal dessert for the next few days as the sale person said we need to eat them up in 3 days…: P


便当前面的故事

終于买到了!!!

This is a booked written by a blogging friend – Angie. I started following Angie’s blog few years back. She had another Chinese blog named - Obasan & Ajuma. This blog is co-written with her very good friend – Happy pig. I truly enjoyed this Chinese blog as it was a blog that really shared with readers their 酸甜苦辣。 And the episode on “西游记“leaves a very deep impression in my mind. Till now when I remembered the blog, it still send a smile to my face.

Angie’s family blog on Kinigu is also my daily MUST READ blog. I believe it’s the way that both Angie and Clement writes and their photographs that bring many of us to their blog.

Angie is very expression in her words and her feelings are always very genuine. I had never felt any hidden agendas in her blogs. I really admired her for her courage and free form of writings.

So when she decided to write a book, I was really happy and looking forward to the published of her book.

Finally today – 19 September 2009, I found it on the book shelves of Popular Bookstore. Prior to this, we were advised that the book is out at Kinokuniya but being a typical Aunty, I waited for the books to be out at Popular because can get membership discount..hehe.

Now I have the book, it will be my readings “mate” for the next few days and I know I will draw great inspirations of life from Angie’s book.

祝彦频:新书卖的满堂红!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks astee!! thanks for your support and very kind words! :D

Angeline said...

My sis bought Goodwood Park Mooncake too for us!!!
What a coincidence!
*wink*