Friday, September 04, 2009

Anthea's PTC & School's OUT!

This morning I went for Anthea’s school Parent-teacher-conference. My meet up time with her form teacher was scheduled at 8.45am.

We fetched Anders to his childcare around 8.30am before proceeding to Anthea’s school for the appointment.

We reached her class around 8.45 am and waited a while before our turn. Mrs. Koh, her form teacher, went through her topical tests with me and said that she was happy with Anthea’s result and her overall performance in class. She did gave me a few pointers on her weaker area and I know this coming 1 week school holiday will be a good chance to “brush up” on the weaker area.. : P

After the Parent’s teacher conference, we went to the school canteen for a quick “recess” and Anthea ordered toasted bread with a cup of tea.

Then after the break, I brought her to my parent’s place before heading to work.

My current contract will be ending on 14 September and my Manager is now working from USA office, so I am not sure if my contract will be extended since he’s not around. Anyway, I am doing my “homework” by looking at jobs ads and see if there is any Part Time opportunities, just in case.

In the evening, we had dinner around the Hub as I needed to restring one of the badminton rackets. Then we went to Popular book shop, my intention was to buy Angie’s book but I guess I was a bit ahead of the “Full month” celebration. The book was not on sale yet at Popular.

So I took the chance to buy assessment book for Anthea in preparation for her year end SA2. Also I had been recommended to this book titled “Geronimo Stilton” by my ex-colleague. She said that it was a very interesting book for primary children. I decided to buy one for Anthea to let her try reading the book. I hope she will like it.

Today is the last day of school day and next week, Anthea will be having her one week term break. Looking forward to another good break
.

2 comments:

Ricket said...

Interesting... I'll look for the book to. I've been trying to find suitable books for Isabel.

LZmommy said...

Hopefully they will extend your contract :)

Ya this author is very popular, esp with the boys. Whenever I was helping out at the school library, I have kids asking for it :)

Hope Anthea is enjoying her school holi :)