Wednesday, June 24, 2009

晚餐服务

Yesterday afternoon I received a call from my tingkat dinner caterer – Jia Le Buffet.

“Mrs. Tan, 我们将停止晚餐服务到你那一区。你的最后一天是星期四.”

I was a little caught off guard when I heard the news that they will be stopping dinner delivery service to my area. After asking the WHY question, the lady mentioned that it wasn’t profitable anymore for the company to deliver to my area.

Sigh….I had such good impression of Jia Le dinner and so far their service is excellent and food are good. No complaint.

Well, same as previous caterer, it’s always the cost issue and I can understand it from the company standpoint.

We started our tingkat dinner with Jia Le since July 2008 and it would be 1 year in about another month but this 1st year anniversary did not come true. Sad but this is reality about such relationship.

Now I am on my “Search Mode” for a new caterer and had booked Kim’s Kitchen for a 5 days trial starting next Monday.

Many times, I would ask myself – “should I start cooking on my own?” But I am still convinced that tingkat dinner served us better.

There are a few reasons to the dinner delivery service:

1. At times, when I have pressing projects, I will bring work home and spend the afternoon at home finishing my project. If I cook, this will mean that I would not have enough time to complete my work.

2. Usually on weekdays, I will hand wash Anthea’s school uniform and on alternate days, I will mop the house. On these days, I would finish the household chores almost near to 4pm. This means I would have to prepare dinner from 4pm onwards and I would not have time to revise Anthea’s homework with her.

3. On weekdays, I still do my regular jogs. So if I cook, I will not be able to jog. I need to exercise to de-stress…hehe.

4. The amount of time spent on planning, preparing, cooking and washing for a meal is just too challenging for me and the dinner catering is more cost effective for us.

So far, dinner catering has work well with our family lifestyle and as long as the children are happily eating their dinner, I am happy to continue with the same routine.

Let’s hope that our new caterer will be just as good as our current one. Like I said before:

天下没有不散之宴席。。。

2 comments:

Mrs Sze said...

Hi, I've started on Kim's Kitchen tingkat dinner for about a month -- 4 dishes for 4 person share. So far, my family has no big complains about the food. Quite homely-style and the portion is big too, able to feed > 4 person each time. Hope you enjoy it !

Aces Family said...

hi Mrs Sze,

Thanks for dropping in your comment and it is a confidence booster for me..: )

For us, my main "customer" is the 2 kids, if they are ok, hubby and me will be A-ok : 0

regards,astee