Monday, April 14, 2008

"Lobangs"- “ 特惠家族”

This is a weekends of "Lobangs" for the family.

Friday's Lobang : Anthea's 1st Tooth drops

In the evening, when I reached home, Anthea told me "mommy, I want to show you something.” Then she showed me the thing. It took me a while to find the thing as it was quite camouflaged among the papers. Finally I saw it...it was one of her Front tooth and it has finally dropped. It has been shaky for the last few weeks and there is few more now waiting to come out. So that her permanent teeth will start to set in.

Saturday Lobangs: 3 Crabs @ Jumbo NSRCC

My extended families and we are great supporters of any discount vouchers or restaurants that had special card promotions because we dined out on weekends. Last Saturday we went all the way to Jumbo Seafood restaurant @ NSRCC in Changi, simply because my PIL had a $50 discount vouchers which can be used at selected outlets. We were a table of 10 + 1 infant. We ordered 3 CRABS (steam, chilli & pepper – my personal preference is still the steam crab). This is the 1st time our families ordered 3 crabs instead of the usual 2. It was a very good crabby meal with other nice dishes.

Then what happened next is really our “catch” – the captain gave us another $100 cash certificates for our next visit to ANY Jumbo restaurants. And the plus point is no minimum orders required, so you can use on any amount for your bill. FIL already made plan that we shall eat at Jumbo@Dempsey as this will be their latest outlet due to open on 21 April 2008. This time I think we can make it 4 CRABS… : )

Sunday Lobangs: My Dinner Dress & UOB Voucher

As mentioned in my previous blog that I would need to get a decent evening dress for the wedding dinner. After a good prata breakfast and coffee. I told Adrian that I would like to visit Celia Loe’s boutique @ Thomson Plaza. Also we can do our groceries shopping at NTUC and have lunch at the food court. So it is hitting 3 birds with a stone.

Down the memory lane a little – I bought my ROM Dress from Celia Loe’s boutique almost 10 years ago. And also I bought a dinner dress from Celiana for my best friend – Cindy’s wedding dinner. So whenever I need a nice and classy dinner dress, I would consider Celia Loe’s boutique.

Back to shopping, so at the shop, I tried a few dresses recommended by the Sales associates and Anthea. After trying them, it seem that all felt that the 1st dress was the best match for the occassion,. When I saw the price tag, I had 2nd thoughts but Adrian said to go ahead. The sales associate seems to read my mind and asked if we had HSBC Card as there is a 10% discount.
I remembered that my MIL has a HSBC Card, so Adrian tried calling her and asked her for the favor. However I knew that she was babysitting my little niece, so I told Adrian, we can reserved the dress and come back on a weekday. Then later Adrian received a call from my BIL and he said he was on the way to meet us but as the Car park at the plaza was full, they could not drive in. Arrangement was made for my SIL to meet us at the boutique to make the payment for us. I was so grateful and thankful for their immediate activation to our call…and paiseh to make them rush down just to pay for the dress… : P

Due to their kindness, we enjoyed the 10% discount for the dress. I think it’s still a bit expensive but luckily recently we received our ERS from the Govt, so it helps to bring down the guilt level. Now that I bought my dress, I would need to buy a pair of matching shoes...hee : P

Dinner was at Crystal Jade Golden Restaurant @ Paragon as my FIL had the UOB $50 redemption voucher. (Didn’t I say we are STRONG SUPPORTERS Of vouchers). As usual the food quality was very good and we had an enjoyable dinner.

At Paragon Metro, I managed to get a pair of shoes for Anthea to match her dinner dress, so her mission is accomplished.
We took a stroll at the basement of Paragon and surprisingly there was an Ah-Mei Café in the building. We had cups of teas and chat at the café. Everyone is now very excited and looking forward to the event of the year.

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Hi Astee

Did the tooth fairty visit Anthea that night? :)
My girl's teeth is taking their time.. Now in P1, she has only dropped 2 teeth.

Yeah! With the extra $$ from ERS, we can spend ;)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

My colleague also mentioned about tooth fairy when i told her about Anthea's Fronth tooth. Fyi, i "suaku" one, never heard of TF b4...hee : P

Yeah, now can spend a little bit more on ourselves wz the extras $$.

cheers,
astee