Saturday, April 19, 2008

Expensive Lesson

Eversince we had our own family car in 2006, i took refresher course to polish on my driving and parking skills.

So far, driving the car is not difficult as it is an auto car. I do had some problems when parking as my judgement is still not up to par. So whenever the car is available, i will take the opportunity to drive, in order to keep improving my skills.

Yesterday as Adrian was on leave, so i drove to work as per normal. I was also planning to bring back a laptop to test its wireless function. (I am actually typing this entry on the office laptop). So with the car, it was more convenient to bring it back.

After work, i drove back and as normal enter our multi level car park to park the car. I was doing the reverse and i sweared that i had looked very carefully to ensure that the car was in the correct angle and away from the pillar. So with this assurance, i reversed slowly and surely into the lot. Then suddenly there was a small "BANG"...*sh*t*...i thought to myself - hopefully nothing major. So i drove out and adjust the parking and finally when the car was parked. I went to checked on the damages.

Sigh...the side hit the pillar and the bumper was a bit damage with the paint work also destroyed. I told adrian of the "accident" when i reached home and he went to check the car. I told him that we can send it to any of the car workshop in SIN MING Automart to do the repair but he said he does not trust those unreliable source. So he insisted on sending it back to Borneo workshop.

Needless to say, I had to pay a hefty sum for this lesson...sigh. (WE should have gone to any AH Beng car workshop because i really think it's pointless to pay so much just for a simple repair!!)

Anyone has a good car mechanic to recommend? i will put it in my list to standby...hee : P

4 comments:

Angie said...

oh no...!! but really lor! sometimes we checked and checked b4 we moved the car. hw come har?

LZmommy said...

What most important is that you are ok and at least your hubby doesn't 'nag' at you for that :) I don't think my hubby will let me off so easily... :p

Aces Family said...

Haiz Angelcow,

Don't know why..may be “鬼遮眼“..sigh !!

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, hubby said the same that impt thing is i am ok. I am the one that's nagging about the $$ that I NEED TO PAY!!!.. : P

regards,
astee

Idy said...

How come the reverse sensor didn't work leh? I also very scared when it comes to parking. Luckily it was the pillar and not someone else's car. Can you imagine more money to pay?