Monday, April 21, 2008

How are we doing?

Last year this weekend, it was a sad Saturday for us as Siti, our domestic helper returned home for good.

For the past one year, we are still in contact with Siti via SMSes; she will send us messages to say how much she misses Anders. I do hope that she will have her own children real soon; I know she will be a very dedicated mother.

Time really passed so quickly, it has been a year that we had been without a domestic helper. How are we faring? So far, I think I AM doing fairly ok with my new multi-tasking skills at home – being a maid & mother.

Housework chores are endless and fetching the children to and back from childcare centre is also very tiring. Luckily for me, I do not need to cook as we ordered Tingkat dinner delivery. Also my mom comes once a week to help me with some house chores which I am always THANKFUL of.

With all these daily routines, sometimes I do miss Siti as she is such a wonderful helper to have.

Since day 1, she does the household chores on her own schedules; I don’t need to give her any timetable.

She cooks whatever I buy and we eat whatever she cooks – no complaints.

She loves the children like her own, so that was why I managed to returned to workforce and leave Anders under her care.

If I ever get a domestic helper, will I be so lucky again…: P

3 comments:

Idy said...

I must say you are doing real well managing without Siti. Jia you!

LZmommy said...

I agree with Idy :) You are doing very well.

Aces Family said...

Hi Idy & LZmommy,

Thanks for both your encouragement.

With all the spiritual support from all you 模范妈咪..我会加油的!!(hmm,not that kind of fats hor..hee : P)

cheers,
astee