Friday, April 04, 2008

Anders 4th Year Old Assessment

On Wednesday I brought Anders to the Polyclinic for his 4th year old assessment. The nurse did a routine check on his vision and tested him on his motor skills as well. After that she referred us to the doctor and he did another round of check on his medical condition.

We were given an OK for the check up and his next review will be till he starts primary school. The only remark that left a bit of concern is – Anders is underweight. He falls below the 50%.

I believe it could be due to the recent holiday that he lost a fair bit of weight. During the trip, he didn’t eat much. I must admit that this boy is quite a typical “china boy”, he prefer Asian cuisine to Western meals. He prefers noodles and rice over fish & chips / spaghettis. I do hope he will grow to like other types of food than just Asian food.

Now that we are back to our normal routine, I will make sure he eats and eats…hee
: P

To me, the most important thing is he is healthy and happy.

Recently, my SIL blogged about kids saying the darnest thing…here goes one of my own recent encounter with Anthea:

Anthea: “mommy, I don’t know what to name my baby.”

Me: “why is that so? “

Anthea: “all the names are already taken by my friends and also the princesses (these princesses are from Barbie stories.)

Me : “dear, not to worry, when you have a baby, you will sure know what you want to name your baby.”

Anthea: “ok…”


I know i will have more of this kind of conversations as she is maturing into a little girl.. : 0

2 comments:

Louis & Eve said...

Kids these days are smarter and more worldly-wise than we were in our times, yah.

Hmmm...maybe you could start a little collection about responses to some of these questions for reference when Faith grows up ;)

LZmommy said...

I'm sure Anders will gain back the weight in no time :)

Hahaha... Anthea is so cute!