Monday, September 10, 2007

They "Complained"

This conversation took place between Adrian and Anthea on Friday, 07 Sep, on our way home from the Goat Farm.

Anthea : "Papa, we must come again to feed the goat, ok?" (anders was sitting with me and echoing the same).

Daddy: "Anders, you monkey lah...run here run there to feed the goat.." (All laughter in the car.)

Anthea : "Papa, i born what huh? "

Daddy : "you are born in the year of horse"

Anthea : "you leh ?"

Daddy : "i am born in the year of rat."

Anthea : "mommy ? "

Daddy : "Pig."

Anthea : "pig likes to clean house."

(i was listening attentively and when she said this - i was pleasantly surprised.)

Daddy : "yeah, you are right, mommy has been cleaning the house. She seem to be always cleaning the house."

(hmm...excuse me...this sounds like a complaint to me, so i must defense myself.)

ME : "excuse me, if you children don't always lie or play on the floor, do i need to always clean the house ?"

Then there was a silence and afterwhich, they changed to another topics of discussion.

Honestly, i admit i am a bit guilty of "always cleaning the house". I sweep daily and mop alternate days but these are all done for the benefit of the family. Hopefully as they grow older, i can clean lesser ... hee : )

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Oh! I found that we have another thing in common again (age)! Shhhh.... Kekeke...

I reacted the same way as you when they teased me on that too :)

Aces Family said...

Wow...LZmommy,seem like we are really "Sisters".

yeah lah,otherwise, no other better excuses.. : P

cheers,
astee