Wednesday, September 19, 2007

She weeps

On Sunday when we were having lunch at KFC in the Zoo, we saw a couple with their 2 daughters.

Anthea saw one of them who is handicapped, she has only one hand. She asked me “mommy, why that jie jie only has one hand, what happens?” she kept looking at the girl.

I explained to Anthea that the girl could have been borne with one hand or when she was young, she could have some illnesses that may cause her to lose her hand.

She kept thinking and asking: “what illness, why is she like that? “

Then Adrian and myself explained to her: “there are people who are less fortunate than us, some of them are handicapped, some are sick will certain illnesses. So we must always be thankful with what we have.”

After that she sat on the chair and seems to be in deep thought. I saw her eyes were tearing. Then tears rolled down her face. I kept quiet for a while and let her weep. After a while, she was okay and managed to enjoy the Zoo tours after lunch.

In my mind, I am thinking to myself. My little baby is maturing and she is beginning to understand feelings. It’s not easy for her to understand it in a day but I hope as she grows, she will learn to accept reality in life with open heart & mind.

No comments: