Thursday, September 06, 2007

Medical Leave Consolation

Anthea was on 2 days medical leaves due to her fever. So on Monday, Adrian took leave to be with her. On Tuesday, Anthea was with Mother in law as MIL is on leave for the week. Usually when there is a school holiday, she will take leaves to be home with my Father in law, he is a teacher.

So yesterday morning around 8 am, she came over to our home and brought Anthea to her place.

At lunch time, I received a call from Adrian, “dear, mom is going to bring Anthea to KK, she said Anthea vomited this morning.”

“Ok, let me call mom and check with her.” So I called my MIL and she asked me if she should bring Anthea to KKH. Checked with her and she said Anthea’s temperature is normal, she vomited after her porridge. So I told MIL to give her the medication and monitor Anthea’s condition. MIL had brought her to the clinic earlier and the GP prescribed her the suppository. I told her if Anthea’s vomit persists, then used that.

When I asked MIL how is Anthea, she said “she is ok, occupied with her game boy…”

Hmm…to be still able to play game boy means her condition is not that bad to rush to KKH. That was my thought.

In the evening, parents in law brought her home; she was back to her usual self. Guess what – she came home with a new game boy cartridge – DORA the Explorer. MIL had bought it for her as a consolation for being sick and home bounded… hehe. I am always grateful that MIL is always showering her Love toward her Anthea & Anders in her own giving way. When MIL was going back, Anthea said "bye bye nai nai, thank you for the game". I am glad she is thankful too!!

We are happy that she has recovered and is bubbly as before.
Thanks for all the well wishes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, another kid falls ill. A lot of people are falling sick lately, esp kids. Hope that she is better now. Mummy has to take care too hor.

Aces Family said...

Hi Idy,

Yeah,we are all well now. Virus is in the air, so must really take care.

rgds,
astee