Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ready-Set-Go

Since the closing down of the Community Club Gym near my workplace in January 2007. I have been sourcing around for another gym to do my lunch time exercises, but till date, no results.

Places that i had considered :

a) Safra Gym - a bit far and also to join the gym, i have to apply as a Safra spouse members. Also when we viewed the gym, the person in charge told us Safra will be closed for 18 months for renovation. So i did not sign up.

b) ClubFit (sport complex) - too few equipments and a bit crowded at lunch time. So did not sign up.

c) California Fitness - too pricey and also distance a consideration.

Recently a colleague of mine mentioned that there is a gym in a Club house near our office. To join the gym, we need a staff from the organisation to refer us to become a social member.

Lucky for me, Aunty SK works in this organisation, so immediately, i contacted her to ask her for the favor. Without any hesitant, she refers me and today at lunch time, i signed up for the gym. I am very happy to have find this new place as i simply misses my lunch time exercises.

I enjoy my weekly swim but somehow it does not give me the kind of satisfaction as gym.. : )

So next week onwards, i will be able to resume my hobby again. I really thanks my guarding angels for answering my prayers again.

Another good news - California Fitness is having a roadshow at our office next week and they are offering staff a really good Plentinum membership fees for a year. I am considering to sign up... 好事成双...hee : )

Mini Mooncake Bazzar

There is a mini moon cake bazzar in the office today and a few Branded mooncakes were at the event. I bought a box of mooncakes from Raffles Hotel at a good discount of 25%. The packaging is very nice and they have various flavour - Baked mooncakes with Pine Nuts,Macadamia Nuts and White Lotus paste.


No comments: