Thursday, July 12, 2007

TAG: My 7 Vanity Sense Facts


You Are 27% Vain




Okay, so you're slightly vain from time to time, but you're not superficial at all.
You are realistic. You know that looks matter. You just try to make them matter less.





I was tagged by LZmommy and i find this to be an interesting tag. Well, did my result surprises me...hmm...not at all.


Since having children, i find myself becoming more & more "ah-soh". If not because of my beautiful Sister In-law aka Eve and Sensual future Sister In-law aka Cherry, i think i would have scored a clean 0%.


Well, when we go out on our usual weekends dinners, i would try my best to keep up with the family image. Even my Mother in Law dresses better and uses more expensive cosemetic than me ...... : P
Okay, here goes 7 facts on me:


1. I used make-up everyday as i goes to work. Basic powder with SPF, lipstick and a bit of blusher.

2. I love to shop for clothings, however, my clothings are those cheap stuff from HDB market or shops, no big names or branded stuff. Like what people says: You are what you wear. (Chinese says: "吃不到葡萄说葡萄酸"...hee)



3. I used to do facial every 2 - 3 months, sad to say, the last time i visited my beautician was "i can't even remember"...geez...my face must be full of God knows what...).

4. I would like to use skin care products but till today i am just using Hazelin snow cream. 哪个女人不爱美 but 1 small bottle of those good skin care product cost almost $100. I know i can put this $100 to better uses...hee : ) I will stick to my affordable skincare product.
5. I have been going to the same hair salon for almost a decade. I try to make it an effort to visit the salon every 3 months because my hair is really thick and it grow really fast. Now my salon even provide 2 way transfers, so if i am at work and need a quick fix, i can just give them a call. There is no excuse of not going to the hair salon.


6. I have gained some GOOD weights since childbirth. After exercising for a year, i mananged to return to some GOOD shapes, not ideal yet. Now that the gym near my workplace is closed, i am doing swimming once a week. I really hope to strike a BIG lottery ticket/toto/4D whatever and the 1st thing on my list is - LIPOSUCTION. I want to wear M or L size clothings again. Now i am always looking at XL/XXL...which is so depressing.


7. I love swimming but being conservative or rather "oversized/overweight", my swimming costume is one of those old-fashioned swimsuit. If point 6 comes true, then i will be able to shop for Bikinis...haha. Who am i kidding, "ah-soh" wears bi-ki-nis. For my next "bonus", i want to invest in a nice swim wear but NOT bikinis lah.

Who should i tag...another BIG challenge:

1. Idy

2. Eve

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, another tag which I have to do some soul searching huh? Ok, ok, give me some time hor.

Louis & Eve said...

Wah say! I got a lot of comments on this particular posting. Not fully comprehensive but...

1) Blessed are those who have clear skin and no matter what kind of products they use, their skin don't break out. Its those who have problematic skins that have to consult dermatologist or pay top money to buy expensive OTC products.

2) Quick tips to weekend "make-up" without the fuss that accompany full make-up when going to work - invest in Pigeon brand compact powder ($5 only and they come in different colors - white, beige, brown and pink these days). Use that plus 2 swaps of blusher on the cheeks, draw eyebrows and then slap on lipsticks. All in, takes only 5 mins.

3) Its not the brand/cost of clothes that matters, but choosing what makes the best out of your figure. Although, you sometime pay a little more for a good cut/material which helps to flatter your figure.

4) Sigh... my figure is not what it used to be either... what with breastfeeding and getting hungry so often, any thoughts of having the weighing scale move to the left is merely a memory of the days that past.

5)Well... a good alternative to bikinis are tankinis.

Aiyah... now I got to spend time to work on responding to your tag too :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, I like what Eve had said. Hmm... well thought and well said!

Aces Family said...

Yo Eve,

Wow...what a consolation... : )
I tried the PIGEON compact before but i think color too light for me.

Hi Jean,
yes, this SIL is very talented (cooking & baking) and very articulated (verbal & written). I always look upon her as IDOL...: )

Everyday Healy said...

You wanna loose weight? Actually, if you can control your diet, I think is not hard to loose weight. First, eat less rice ( half of your original intake), more veggie (double the original intake), less meat ( cut it as much as you can) too. Also, no ice-cream, chocolate, cakes....

Got it? And no chilli, cause chilli will increase your appetite.

Must be confident that this will work and the best thing is, you don't have to wait until you "kena lottery". Just need some determination! :)

LZmommy said...

Thanks for doing the tag :)

It seems like we are also similar on this :P

Aces Family said...

Hi Healy,

Less rice/more veg & less meat - i will try. No chocolate/ice cream, i will DIE...hehe : P

Yeah, my reso for this year is to loose weight. Hopefully can fulfill this.

Hi LZmommy,

So what is our common trait again..hee : P

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Astee, complete liao (http://twinterror.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/tag-my-7-vanity-sense-facts/). Hehehe...

Joyce Long said...

Hi Astee

Would like to share with you abt my vanity sense


http://chiahfamily.wordpress.com/2007/07/13/tagged-my-7-vanity-sense-facts/

Joyce : )