Friday, July 13, 2007

Masquerade Ball



The most anticipated Friday, the 13th finally arrived.

We were all very excited and looked forward to the Dinner & Dance. We went off early, mainly to get ourselves "DOLLED UP" for the party.

I went to my usual salon and the stylist did my hair and makeup. When Anthea came home from school and saw me all dressed up, she said "mommy, you looked like Queen Rowena."..hee : P

Queen Rowena is the "BAD" Queen in the story of Barbie in the 12th Dancing Princesses. Actually i was happy to hear her comment because that was what i planned to be in my costumes. As i had Princesses with me as well.

Adrain fetched me and the children to the hotel. While i attended the dinner, he brought the children for dinner and walk around Toy R Us.

The event started at 6pm, when i arrived at the hotel, i was so happy to see so many people dressed up in their costumes. Needless to say, there were so much fun & laughter outside the Ballroom waiting area. Cameras were flashing all over the place.

At 8 pm, the dinner started officially with all the VIPS arriving in GRAND STYLE. The entertainment show went along when dinner was served. There were 3 segments of show -

1. The Disguise of Suzie Wong - a lady singer who is very versatile entertained the audiences with her 4 different languages songs.

2. Serenade of the Grand Harpist - this segment is a bit slow & boring.

3. Kumar - Lady in Waiting - the famous Drag-Queen Kumar performed his usual talk show, with a lot of X-rated jokes and also very obvious that he is not a PxP supporters...hee : )

Then there were games and Best Costumes / Masks competition. It was really fun to watch our colleagues going on stage and put up their best performance.
The final part that eveyone was waiting for the night was the top 20th Lucky Draws...sad to say, my numbers were not in there. Anyway, i saw my number being flashed on the screen for some prize, will go back office on Monday to check again.

Overall, it was a very fun night and all of us have a Great Time and most important, the bond between colleagues get better.

7 comments:

Louis & Eve said...

Aiyah... the picture of you look too small! But from what I can see, you look great! In fact, I think you look pretty glamourous to be the "Bad Queen"...

Put a nice solo picture of yourself too so we could all admire you.

Everyday Healy said...

Waw.... Company dinner??? Which company are you in? Sounds so fun ler.... I loves make over dinner! Mmm....
I wanna be cloepathra. :)

Aces Family said...

Yo Eve,

Think if u click on the photo, it will be enlarged.

Hi Healy,

I work for a Dutch MNC. Starts with P & end with S...make a Guess...hee : )

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

What a lovely time you had :) should have a solo pic of yourself ;)

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Aiyah...group photo looks nicer with all the different costumes...hee : )

cheers,
astee

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, You looked great!! you are always so daring and sporting :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Jean,

Thanks, yeah, me just LOVE dressing up to the occassion.. : )
ps: vainpot lah... : P

All my colleagues also dressed...so very fun.

astee