Monday, July 02, 2007

Anthea 1st Swimming Lesson

This week since Anthea and Anders had been grounded for some wrongdoings for last week. Something came out positive of this grounding – since we are home for most of the evenings, I had more chances to encourage Anthea to go for her swimming lesson. Somehow, she is now more open to the idea.

“Mommy, I only go this Sunday? If I don’t like it, next week I go with Nai nai to Safra or CPE?”

“Yes, if you don’t like the lesson, next week you can just follow nai nai for your swim.” I assured her.

In the morning, Anthea woke up around 9.30am as she slept late last night. So after her milk, we left for the swimming pool. Adrian brought Anders for water play.

When we reached the pool, the instructor - Edwin Yap was there already. There were only 2 children in her slot which I thought was good because she will get more attention….hee : )

For the ½ hour, he asked her to swim on her own in the children pool, and then he started to teach her a bit of the strokes. Hmm…I thought it was quite fast because I always think the instructor will start will breathing technique first.

Anyway, 2nd half hour was spending at the adult pool and I saw him leading her while she swam. When she was resting by the side, I signaled to her if she was ok, she signaled back to me with her THUMP UP!!! I was so happy.

After the lesson ended, I asked her: “so how was the lesson? Do you like it? “

“Mommy, I want to learn with the teacher, you pay money. Ok? “

This sentence made my day and I was on cloud nine for the whole day… hee : P

After her lesson, we went to Junction 8 for lunch, the children enjoyed their lunch and we went to BHG to shop for the children. Anthea chose for herself a dress which has Ariel – the Mermaid. I bought for Ander a new swimsuit.

After lunch, Anthea went to my MIL house for her usual weekend session and Anders went home for his power nap.




In the evening, we had dinner at Bliss Restaurant with the extended families for Adrian belated Birthday celebration. Food was ok and ambience is nice. After dinner, we took a stroll in the Park and we had a nice time catching up with the family.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, now are you happy? :)
you must be grinning from ear to ear huh .... it is always nice to have dinner with all family members and all your weekends are fully packed with lunch/dinner which is very good.

Aces Family said...

Hi Jean,

Indeed,my grin is from head to toes... : )

It's really a basic survival skills.

I always enjoy family dinners because during wkdays, everyone is busy with their own life, only wkends can we really catch up.

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Anthea must be very happy with the swimming lesson :) My girl enjoys her lesson too... Have been trying to get another coach for my boy as he is too young to join jiejie..

Aces Family said...

hi LZmommy,

Yes, after the lesson, she kept saying that she likes the teacher and asked me if i pay the fees already.. : )

Yeah, 3 years plus is hard to find suitable swimming program..sigh,will need to wait till Z is 4 or 5... : )

cheers,
astee