Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Haircut - DIY

Currently Adrian is involves in the NDP 2007, so keeping short hair is a must for the army personnel. His sideburns tend to grow very fast, so in order to solve the problem or rather save monies in long term, we bought a Hair Clipper. This will allow Adrian to trim his sideburns.

Anders hair is also now quite long and he tends to sweat a lot. When he sweats, he will scratch himself. (We are always amazed at the way he scratch himself, his action is just like a monkey which coincidentally is the year that he was born in 2004.. : P )

So on Sunday, we decided to give Anders a quick haircut using the new toy. It was very effective. All these while, I will bring Anders to the Barber for his cut, and each cut is $6.00.

The overall cut is ok except for the back left side corner – Adrian cut a small “LOBANG” there. It looks funny but since he is a small boy and we are amateur “hairstylist”, we left it as it is…probably people may take it as a new fashion cut. (Self-consolation)

After we finished cutting his hair, Anders said “mommy, I wanna go uncle and cut hair. Don’t want mommy & papa to cut. OK?”

He must have been “terrified” by us. Hopefully next time we can do a better job, if Anders still permits us to touch his hair.

Anthea’s Green Bean Plant


Anthea did her 1st Science project in April 2007. Very proud to announce that her little green bean grows very well and it is now a big Plant. The one person who has diligently watering the plant is Daddy, so biggest credit goes to him. I am hoping that the plant will grow more green beans so next time I can cook green beans soup.


Missing My TV Programme
After reading Eve’s blog on
real life or reel life, I realized that I misses TV Programme a lot, be it Korea Drama or Local Drama or Varities shows.

Now that I no longer has a domestic helper, my evenings hours from 6 – 9 pm are occupied with chores like warming up the tingkat- dinner,hand washing children’s uniform, ironing their uniforms, washing the dishes after dinner, packing their school bags for the next day. By the time I finished all the chores and sit down to rest, it is almost 9 – 9.30 pm. I can only watch a bit of the 9 pm local drama.

When I had my helper with me, my rest & relax hours starts from 7pm after dinner. Now i don't have such luxury.

Well, since I chose this path myself, I should not be complaining, just pity myself sometimes.

Gone are those good old days.

3 comments:

LZmommy said...

What a coincidence! I just cut my boy's hair on Saturday :)

So sweet of daddy to take care of Anthea's plant.

Just like you, I watch tv programmes after 9+. My kids go to bed at 8+, by the time I finished clearing and showering, the 9pm series has started.

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Yeah, i read that LZ got their haircut on the Saturday...hee.

You are so lucky that LZ sleep at 8pm. Then you can watch your show in peace and quiet.

rdgs.
astee

Anonymous said...

Mine will be around 10pm as Grace will only sleep aroun 930pm or sometimes at 10pm. She wants to play with the daddy after he's home from work :)

A pat on your shoulder!! You have done a great job!