Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A “VIP” is in Town

Last evening while I was ironing the clothing around 8pm, the home phone rang. From the caller id, it is a local mobile number, so I picked it up.

“Hello, astee…this is Shirley….” I was taken by real surprised but was very happy to hear her voice.

Shirley flew in from the USA on Monday and she said she will be leaving in a few days time, she asked to come and visit us. Of course, I welcome her with open arms.

Shirley is a closed family friend; actually she would have been my 3rd sister in law. She is actually the girlfriend of my 3rd brother aka San-ge. I remembered that when I still schooling, my 3rd brother was dating her. They were almost in discussion of marriage….but sad to say….San-ge left us suddenly without any warning. Shirley was in the USA when he passed away. As I was young at that time, I didn’t know who relayed the news to her…I think probably it’s one of San-ge’s buddy.

She was heart-broken…..for a very long time. Each time when I had chance to be online MSN with her, she always talk about San-ge and I know she really Love
San-ge very much.

Even after San-ge passed away, we still keep in touch. I felt that she is part of our family, even though they did not tie up anything officially.

For many years, whenever she is in SG for work or leisure, she will call me and I will make sure that we meet up. So last night was no exception, she came by to our home. She brought along a friend and through our conversation, she said she just started dating him after 10 years of trying to heal the heart-break. We chatted till almost mid-night and time seem to pass so fast.

I am happy for her and I know she deserved someone to look after her. I hope this new happiness that she finds will last her forever & ever.

1 comment:

Angie said...

So sorry to hear about your san-ge. it must be a really tragic news to shirley... so heart broken that she needed 10 years to move on in her life.
I feel happy for her too!