Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Plagued by “Viruses”!!

We have been “invaded”…. : (

On Saturday, I was hit by unknown food poisoning. I suffered very bad diarrhea and vomiting. For Saturday and Sunday, I am totally down and out. This meant that there is whole lot of backlog of household chores.

On Sunday, I noticed that there are some blisters on Anders hands and I was worried that he may have contacted HFMD as the childcare has a few cases. Well, when you child is in childcare, you are open to all kind of viruses.

On Monday morning, the GP confirmed that Anders has HFMD and he is given 1 week of MC. During the same evening, Anthea came home and I saw spots on her hand. Well, we took no chance and Adrian brought her to the clinic and GP confirmed it is HFMD and she is given one week MC also.

OMG!!! “Good things” come in double deals…: (

So for this week, Adrian and myself will need to take alternate day leaves to look after them, as this can passed on to adults as well but likelihood is not high. I dare not ask my mum to help me.

This is a trying week for our family and Adrian said we will make it through day by day.

I am hanging in there, by strong will. But honestly, physically, I am exhausted and I hope that this week will pass fast and all will be well again.

4 comments:

LZmommy said...

Oh dear! Hope Anthea & Anders have a speedy recovery.

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Thanks for your regards. They are on track for recovery.

rgds,
astee

Louis & Eve said...

Jia you! Jia you! The week is almost up and Adrian and you are surviving. Take more Vit Cs to boost both your own immune system.

Aces Family said...

Yo,

THANKS, we are "jia-you-ing"!!

We'll be back in action soon.

cheers,
astee