Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Fruit of Labour Day

Labour Day is supposing to be a Public holiday.

Since my recent promotion, labour day means doing domestic labor work. I managed to sweep and mop the house, cooked lunch for children, do ironing and washed the family car.

As it rained, so I could not bring the children to the park as previously planned. They stayed home and watched children programs on Kids Central while I busied at work.

In the morning, I went to the wet market nearby and bought some ingredients to cook mee soup for lunch, as both of them wanted that for lunch.

Following some good recipe from Wokking mom’s blog, I managed to cook up a Prawn with slice pork noodles. I added fish balls as well since both Anthea and Anders love fish balls.

Both of them love the noodles and Althea even asked for extra helping. This really makes my effort worthwhile.

After lunch, they powered nap and in the late afternoon, they played at our neighbour’s house as there is an older schooling boy.

Another of our neighbour gave us a portion of Vinegar Pig’s Trotters. We had it for dinner. This aunty makes very delicious 猪腳醋. Adrian and I enjoyed it very much.

In the evening after dinner, I brought Anthea and Anders to AMK Mall. As the new bus interchange is functional, we took a bus from the bus stop near our block. The bus brought us right into the mall. Simply so efficient and the children love it. We went MacDonald’s for Sundae and cake, both of them kept telling me “mommy, we are enjoying life…” simple words but it meant so much.

After dessert, we went to NTUC Extra and bought their milk powder. Then we took a bus home.


Life will never be the same again with this new bus interchange.

No comments: