Friday, May 25, 2007

My "Spoke-woman"...

Yesterday I was home with the children. In the morning, I did the usual household chores of sweeping and mopping the floor.

When Anthea saw me mopping, she said “mommy, I help you to mop.” I was quite surprised and happy by her request. I kindly rejected her help and explaining to her that she can help me when she is older.

After fallen sick for a few days, I know, an extra pair of hand will definitely be useful. Also for her own good, I want to train her to be more domestically inclined.

In the evening, when we were having dinner, she suddenly asked her father: “Papa, why you never help mommy to mop the floor? “

Daddy replied: “because I go and work and blah….blah… “

Anthea asked “then Sunday leh…always badminton…why don’t help mommy”

Wow…. I was speechless!!!! She is my official “Spoke-woman” and voices my grievances.

So far, I do not ask Adrian to sweep, mop, and iron etcs. The main reason is I want him to do it out of his own willingness and not be bugged by a nagging wife. I know he will end up telling me: “dear, why don’t we consider a maid? “

Anthea seem to be more aware of situation around us now, so I believe that’s why she asked her daddy this question. Although I did not get a satisfactory answer, I am glad my little girl understands what mommy is doing.

Another positive sign to indicate that Anthea is growing and maturing.

3 comments:

LZmommy said...

Anthea is such a sweet and thoughtful girl.. I realised girls are more sensitve ya... They tend to notice things like these...

I have a tag for you :) http://babieslz.blogspot.com/2007/05/tag-7-random-things-about-myself.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, Anthea is now more observing to her surrounding, pay more attention also to you. A sweet little girl you have.

Aces Family said...

Hi Ladies,

Yeah, i must agreed that girls are definitely more observing than boy. Well, i am glad i have anthea. She will be my good shopping companion as well cos she is quite critical of dressing..hee : )

cheers,
astee