Sunday, March 09, 2008

Easter Holiday In Down Under

On Friday morning, I had an appointment to consult an orthopedic for my hip issues. I was referred by my company clinic to go to Changi General Hospital and I am happy to be able to have an early appointment for the review.

The orthopedic review my X-rays and asked me a few questions concerning my exercise routine. It was confirmed that I had a muscle strained and I was advised to stop my yoga sessions. Most importantly, he gave me the “GREEN LIGHT” to go ahead with my holiday plan….yippy.

We had planned to go for a family vacation to Gold Coast, Australia. Our travel dates are set for 21 – 26 March 2008. The main reasons for going for a holiday during this time is because comes 2009 onwards, we will need to follow school holidays for our family vacation as Anthea starts primary school next year…: P


On Saturday morning, we went to the travel agent – Jetabout Holidays to collect our tour tickets & vouchers. We had booked our F&E package through this agent. Originally, I had planned to go on a packaged tour but it seem like most of the agents do not have a confirmed groups departure on 21 March 2008. So we had to make do with the 2nd best alternative.

We booked the Gold Coast plus Warner Village Ultimate Theme Park Trio from the agent.

I guess going on an F&E tour would be better for Anthea & Anders, so they can spend all the time in the Theme Parks, which is our main target. As for farm stay, we will try to do it in our next family vacation. (I got good tips from my Blogger Twins – LZ mommy of the theme parks, I know Anthea and Anders will enjoyed the parks.)

After collecting our travel details from the agent, we had lunch at Crystal Jade Kitchen in Takashimaya. Then we headed to Tangs to shop for present and shoes for the children. Anders was totally engrossed with the Transformers toys while I shopped for both their shoes.

We had a fun time shopping and after getting what we wanted, we went home to rest. In the evening, Adrian brought the children for dinner with the extended families while I rested at home. I had simple meal of porridge with some home cooked chickens that my mom brought over.

While I was having my dinner, my mobile rang and Anthea was on the line – she was crying and I thought what had happened to her. Then she said: “I missed you, mommy…” Think my little girl is really starting to mature. I told her not to cry and I am fine at home.

On Sunday morning, I received a sms from my brother that my dad had made Bird Nest soup and asked us to go back and drink it. So in the afternoon, while the children were napping, I went back to my parents place to pick up the soup. My brother told me that he had booked a Vietnam package tour for my parents and himself. The departure date is on 21 March as well.

Wow….this Good Friday; we are all busy doing something or going somewhere.

In the evening, we had dinner at Vittles and I had an enjoyable meal with the families.

Looking forward to a good family holiday & "Howdy Mates!!"

6 comments:

Angie said...

WOW!!! Enjoy your holiday!!! GOld Coast is a fun place for kids!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angelcow,

Yeah, looking forward to Fun in Down under.. : )

cheers.
astee

LZmommy said...

I'm sure the kids will enjoy as much as LZ :) and what a relieve that the Doctor gave you green light!

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Indeed, i know they will enjoy as much as LZ.

Looking forward.

cheers,
astee

Idy said...

Have a good trip, Astee!

Aces Family said...

hey Idy,

Thanks.. : )

cheers,
astee