Thursday, March 20, 2008

FEVER !!

The flu season is back…sigh!!

On Monday morning, I received a notice from the childcare that the centre had 2 cases of HFMD and the children were from Anders class. *FAINT*FAINT*

I was in panicked mode but since I had to work, I had no choice but to leave them in the childcare on Monday.

In the evening, when I fetched them home, both Anthea and Anders were still fine. Then later in the evening, when I checked their temperature, I noticed that Anders had low grade fever – 37. 6 degrees. Immediately I fed him a dose of paracetemol. Then I called my mom and arranged for her to look after the children on Tuesday, hopefully, this will reduce the contact with the virus in school.

On Tuesday, Anders was ok during the day but when I brought them home, his temperature went up again. So I gave him medication again, hopefully it’s just the fever virus and nothing else; otherwise, we may need to cancel our holiday.. : (

On Wednesday, I was given a day of MC by the GP for my throat irritation, so I tend after the children at home. I brought Anders to the family GP to seek for professional advice. The GP mentioned that there were no rashes on his hands & foot, there was one ulcer in his mouth but she can’t confirmed it’s HFMD as the ulcer could be due to heatiness. So her advice was to monitor him for the next 2 days for the other symptoms, which I hope will be negative.

Today is Thursday and this morning his temperature is back to normal, I hope it will remain like this. I check his hands, foot and mouth – all look normal. Now I am keeping my fingers all crossed that he is back on the recovering track and tomorrow we can make our way to the airport as planned.

Wising all a Happy Easter Holidays!!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Arrrggghhh.... yes, the flu bug is flying around, and jaimie caught it too! hope Anders is well and able to chase some kangeroos in australia!!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angie,

Yeah, everywhere the young ones are sick...sigh!! Hope that Jaimie recovers soon too.

Cheers,
astee