Tuesday, November 06, 2007

1st Meet Up

I have been following a Baby Forum for quite a while now. It is the BayB Supplies site. I have enjoyed the topics been discussed on this forum and most of them are closely related to our Aces Family daily lifestyle.

Through this forum, I have benefited much namely:

1. I engaged our dinner tingkat through recommendation of this forum.


2. I learnt about the behavior of children of different ages – these are real children and not just reading through books.

3. Find good lobangs - nice and affordable purchases

4. Hands down some of my children stuff to mommies/daddies

5. Last but not the least, got to know a lot of bloggers mommies & daddies.

I find that mommies/daddies who write in this forum are very since and friendly. Of course, sometime, they may be critical in certain topics/issues but from their words, they meant well for the other parties.

I have personally been in contact with Idy from IT Family, via sms & msn since we hooked up. She is now on leaves before she starts her new job mid November. We arranged to meet for lunch today. We met at the MRT and headed to Novena Square for Lunch.

I must say, although this is the 1st time we met but we were able to chat quite easily and happily, it’s like we were friends for a long time. We had a nice Japanese Lunch at Ichiban and at lunch we share so much information on child caring. Idy asked me to join them for the next gathering and I know it will be fun to meet all the wonderful people.

After lunch, Idy went off to run her errands as her IT family is going on a KL/Genting drive tomorrow.

As for me.. knowing that there is a new Donut Factory outlet, how can I resist NOT Buying. The counter was big and no Q, so I bought ½ dozen of them. This outlet even has a cafĂ© for people to order in to eat & drink coffee, good concept. Then I proceeded to Cold Storage to buy some baking stuff, hoping to bake some muffins on Deepavali.

5 comments:

LZmommy said...

BabyB Supplies.... Have heard abt it but never have the time to join the forum. I joined Singapore Motherhood forum and didn't have time too to join in the chat :(

It is so nice that you and Idy can meet up for lunch :)

Joyce Long said...

same here..really enjoy their sharing and learnings from this forum. Very importantly, that's how we get to know each other.

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

I also follow SMH.. : )

Hi Joyce,

Yeah, i enjoy knowing all these virtual friend.

cheers,
astee

Angie said...

My social life has never been quite the same after i joined the bayb supplies forum!! :) hope to see you in the next gathering, Astee!

Aces Family said...

hi Angelcow,

Yeah, i do hope that i can join in the next gathering.

cheers,
astee