Sunday, November 18, 2007

“Thunderous Weekends”

On Saturday morning, Anthea requested to go CSC for swimming but I rejected her request. Mainly both of them are recovering from flu, so I would prefer them to stay warm than to catch more chills. Also, we are going for our cruise this coming weekend. So Adrian brought them to the playground at Bishan Park.

While they were at the park, I run some errands and bought some food to cook for lunch.

Both of them came home, sweaty with sands all over. After a thorough bath, we had lunch. Anthea had her favorite mashed potatoes and Anders had spaghettis with cheese chicken sausages. I bought a pack of sushi for Adrian and he liked them very much.

After lunch the children had their power nap. While we were all sleeping, it started to rain very heavy and with few loud thunders. The weather was so cooled after the rain. I am so glad that we didn’t go swimming.

Dinner was at a Cantonese restaurant – Mitzi Cantonese Restaurant
24/26 Murray Street MURRAY TERRACE Singapore 079530.Tel: 6222-0929.

This place was recommended by my FIL who ate there earlier in the week with his colleagues and the food was good. Very home cooked style; I especially love the 豆汁鱼片 bitter gourd with slice fish).

After dinner, we adjourned to Oscar at Conrad hotel for dessert. Oscar used to be one of our family regular hangouts because it served very good ice-cream and desserts. While it underwent some renovations, we missed the place.

Now that my MIL just bought another hotel membership which tied up with Conrad Hotel, I guess we will be there more often, again.

On Sunday morning, I did my usual housework while Anthea went for her swim with my MIL. Adrian and Anders were home with me, each busied with their own work.

In the afternoon, it started raining again with loud thunders. I am wondering why there are so many thunders over this weekend. Anthea covered her ears each time she saw the lightings. It was really quite scary.

For dinner, Adrian brought Anthea & Anders to meet with the extended families and ate with them. I had dinner on my own as I went to the HUB to get some groceries and developed photos.


I had a nice and relaxed dinner while watching Charlie Angels. It was so good to have the few hours of quiet time to myself.

2 comments:

Angie said...

I definitely enjoy the time i have to myself!! that is why i pushed back my bedtime because that few hours after Jae has slept is a time for me to recharge, chill out, and do my own stuff w/o much disturbance.
Have a nice cruise!! take lots of pics and blog them!

Aces Family said...

Hi Angelcow,

Thanks and will try to take as much pics as possible. Will share the upcoming experience.

cheers,
astee