Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Personal Trainer & Munchy Donut

Lately, my lower back has been aching and i feel a strain whenever i sit for long in the same position. I went to consult my 姨丈, he is a TCM Chinese Physician. I told him about my problem and he managed to give me a very good back massage (推拿) and "push" my back to the correct position. He said it could be due to my sitting posture.

Then i asked him about weight management and i told him that i go to the gym 3x a week. He asked me : "有人教你吗?". I told him : "No, 我自己做我的 routine."

He said : "很危险!!". I sensed his tone was serious and he explained that i could be using the wrong weights or doing wrong exercises. After hearing his explanation, i did some careful consideration and made up my mind - signed up for a Personal Trainer at the gym.

Today is my 1st session with my Personal Trainer - Mavis. She went through with me the routine of measuring height,weight, fats analysis and posture analysis. It was very useful and from here i learnt about my own body and also she will know which area i should work on to improve my back strenght. Hopefully with her guidance, i will be able to manage my backache and weight management.

Today after the training session, i went by to Munchy Donuts to buy home 1/2 dozen of yummy donuts. This is the 1st time we are trying Munchy, think it will be as delicious as donut factory since they look as good..hehe.

4 comments:

LZmommy said...

How's your back now? Hope you are better after the massage :)

I used to go the gym without a personal trainer too and I didn't realised it is dangerous.

Now with a PT, I'm sure you will hit your goal :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Astee, hope u are feeling better now.. it's good to get a personal trainer to have a proper training exercise..

The donuts looked great but am not a donut person myself esp those with choc on 'em unless it is sugar... he he he!

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Thanks for your concerns..appreciate : )

yeah,with the trainer, i will learn safer ways to handle the equipment and hope this helps.

cheers,
astee

Aces Family said...

Hi Jean,

haha...i am also not a donut person but they are so cute... : P

Can't resist.

cheers,
astee