Sunday, February 24, 2008

大舅六十 大壽

On Saturday, my eldest uncle had his 6oth birthday dinner celebration at Li Bai, Sheraton Tower. His son-in-law hosted this dinner for him. There were 2 tables being reserved for the dinner.

One table was for my uncle and all his siblings. As my parents could not make it for the dinner, naturally my eldest brother and I were asked to be the representatives.

Honestly speaking, I have never been to Li Bai for meals and having read so many accolades of the restaurant, I was simply thrilled to be invited for the dinner.

In the evening, my dage fetched me and we headed to the restaurant for the sumptuous dinner.

Dishes include:

- suckling pig
- double boiled soup with shark fins
- steam fish
- king prawn with spicy sauce
- scallop & prawn with asparagus
- abalone
- dumpling soup with noodle
- papaya boiled with fungus and chuan pei (川貝)

I enjoyed all the dishes very much and each dish is special on it own way. I also had a good chance to chat with all my uncles and aunties. I picked up a lot of tips on TCM since my aunt’s family is in the TCM business.

At dessert time, the waitress brought out the birthday cake and everyone started to sing the birthday song for my uncle. His 3 grandchildren surrounded him and were very eager to blow out the candle on the cake.

It was a very memorable dinner for me and I always look forward to such family gatherings, somehow as age mature, I am starting to appreciate my family and relatives more & more. Not forgetting friends too!!


While I was attending the dinner, Adrian brought the children out for dinner with the extended families. By the time I reached home around 11pm, they were home and both of them were full of sweat. It seem like they had a good time at the McDonald’s children playground.

4 comments:

Clement said...

Astee, wah you guys seem to be always eating good stuff leh. ;)

Aces Family said...

Hi Clement,

Indeed, this lunar new year till now, i have been into food, bountiful food..hee : P

Luckily, i do my gym routine faithfully... : )

ps: tis wkend another feasting for MIL birthday..oops... : O

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Like you, I always look forward to family gathering :)

And Clement is right! :) U are having all the good food and good that you exercise. Unlike me, I put up weight during CNY and can't seems to find time to go gym :(

Aces Family said...

Hi LZmommy,

Well, weekends are always a good chance to grap a bit of fresh air wz the exercises..hee. Can bring the children along to the park or can leave them wz the daddy while u gym..

My hubby and me take turns to do our wkends jogs..hee.. : )

cheers,
astee