Sunday, February 17, 2008

和气生财

It has been a practice with my own parents that we eat Reunion dinners before the 1st day of Lunar New Year. Also a reunion dinner on the 15th day of the Lunar New Year (元宵).

With this in mind, I would also like to extend this practice to my extended families as this symbolized a good start to the New Year (团团圆圆) 。

My MIL is going to Beijing with my 2nd BIL & family on Saturday and will return to Singapore on the next Friday, which means the 15th day is already over.

So I managed to arrange for a reunion lunch on this Saturday with my In Laws and my 3rd BIL with his fiancée. My 2nd BIL and family can't make it for the lunch as their baby girl is down with fever and also my SIL need to prepare the baby meals for their trip to Beijing.

I booked a table at Gim Tim restaurant at AMK Ave 4. We ordered the Lunar New Year Set menu for 6 people. This is also a Thank You lunch from the Aces Family to our parents for all the care and concerns that they had given to us for the past year.

The menu was very good and auspicious:

1. Prosperity Raw Salmon Fish ( 鸿运发财鱼生)
2. Braised Superior Shark’s Fin with Brown Sauce (宏图大展翅)
3. Deep Fried Soon Hock Fish with Thai Sauce (年年有余)
4. Fried Prawn with Green (嘻哈丰收年)
5. Boneless Duck with Sea cucumber (福气满满)
6. Fried Thread Noodle (富贵连绵)
7. Double Boiled Hashima with Red Dates (雪湖奇珍)


It was a very prosperous lunch and everyone enjoyed the food very much. When we were paying the bill, there was a Lucky Draw Box and my MIL picked the lucky draw. We WON a bottle of Red Wine and can consume it for our next visit. So we have good excuse to go back to the restaurant for a meal.

After lunch, we headed to my 2nd BIL house to help him to off load his luggage and then we left for Changi Airport Terminal 3 for their SQ flight to Beijing.

This is the 1st time we went to Terminal 3 for departure. Well, it was BIG and spacious but not as busy as Terminal 2. Seem like the Check in counters are all very empty and the staffs are all pretty free...hee : P

After saying good bye to my MIL, Bil and his family, we had tea break at Wang café at the terminal. Anthea and Anders had the set meal – 2 eggs, kaya toast and a cup of tea. Both of them enjoyed the tea so much. Then we went home for their power naps.

In the evening, we had dinner with my FIL. We tried a new café – 上海人家, 906B Upper Thomson Road. We managed to try 2 dishes – the pan fried shanghai buns and the noodles. The shop was very short handed as 2 of their chefs went back to China for holiday. The kitchen could not cook up to the diners requests. So in the end, we went to Hans Café, which was just next to this restaurant. We had Sirloin steaks and my FIL had lamp chops. All ends well.

After dinner, we brought Anthea and Anders to the AMK Mac Cafe to have desserts. The children had good fun at the children play area while the adults were relaxing and having a good chat. At the same time, since we were so free, we decided to check on the 4D via SMS. To our sweetest surprise – my FIL strike 4D, the number he bought on Friday came out on Saturday. Even though it was a consolation prize, I am still very happy because to strike during Lunar New Year means it is good fortune – 开年生财!!

Probably our Lo Hei today had helps too…hee : )

After sharing his joy, we headed home for the children to change and rest. It has been a long day for us but it was a beautiful day.

Now i am looking forward to 元宵 to have a nice reunion dinner with my family and hopefully we have a bit of luck on the TOTO ANG POWS Draws on this SPECIAL DAY!!

"发 !发!发!"

No comments: