Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My 1st Business Trip

Last week while corresponding with my Manager at work, she made a request for me to join her in a Roundtable meeting and other client’s visits in Shanghai. I was thrilled with her invitation and started making flights enquiry. At the same time, I also asked Adrian of his opinion and he was all out for the trip. : )

After some discussion and arrangement, I am finally confirmed for my 1st business travel in this new decade. Yes, I am going to Shanghai…: )

Last Friday, I went to the agency to pay and pick up my documents for both our family vacation and my Shanghai trip.

Then I went to The Planet Traveller store in Ion Orchard and made a trade in for a new luggage bag. One of our old luggage bags is damaged and so it’s a good time to get a brand new one at the discounted rate.

I am now all set for the travel and will start packing on this coming weekend.

Looking back, I had not done any "solo" travel since my last business trip to Shenzhen in March 2007 with my ex-ex company. It was a team building event and after that I had an extended holiday in Hong Kong with Anthea and my Mother In law.

This business trip, however, will be a much different scale compared to the one I went in Shenzhen. Beside a Full Day round table meeting event, the other days are all packed with Client visits. As I am taking care of the Asia Pacific members, so this will be a good opportunity to say Hello to most of them face to face rather than just over the phones. It will be a good chance to build up the rapport too.

A few friends and families had asked if I am visiting the Shanghai Expo but judging at my meeting schedules, I doubt that I will have the FREE time to visit it this round. Anyway, I believe I will have more chance to travel once I cross this 1st trip…hehe.

Logistic wise while I am away, we had “sub-contracted” my role to 3 people – Adrian, my mother in law and my mom. Yes, I was joking with Adrian that my role as a main caretaker of my children seems so minute in its daily role. But once there is such a circumstance, then we realized the important of the role and it should not be taken for granted -The Greatness of WFHM...: )

Will I miss the children – YES… definitely. Like what my SIL always said “it’s a no brainer answer”…haha. I had never been away from them, even during our own holidays. So this will be my “official” 1st time without them on an oversea trip. I know it will draw significance emotion from all of us and i know it's a good time for them to learn to be independent.

Both Anthea and Anders have been telling me: “you are going away for SO LONG…” when I told them I will be away for only 4 days…haha.

I asked them “why when daddy goes for his 3 months working trip, you guys never said SO LONG…and now I am only going for 4 days to Shanghai? “ they just gave me the most cheeky smiles on their faces.

In about a week time, I will be travelling and I am really looking forward to this opportunity because I know that it will build up my profile and also hopefully – bring my career to it next level.

(Anthea, Anders & their cousin Faith; we celebrated Mother's Day @ Sze Chuan Court in Fairmont hotel)

5 comments:

Beautiful Love said...

Astee, congrats on ur job exposure!

Distance makes the heart fonder :p Am sure everyone will 'grow n be strong' from this overseas trip.

Take care!

cre8tone said...

Wonderful!~

Lydia said...

Wow, enjoy your business trip! Will think of you when you're away, stay safe~ :)

Aces Family said...

Hi Beautiful Love,

Agree with your words and i am sure the family unit will grow stronger with my trip.

Hi PPM,

Thanks!

Hi Lydia,

You are always so thoughtful. thank for the wishes!

regards,
astee

Joyce Long said...

Wah..that is nice..wish you a pleasant wonderful trip... : )